Yamaha RX-Vxxx (or similar) Ethernet Plugin!

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Yamaha RX-Vxxx (or similar) Ethernet Plugin!

Postby kgschlosser » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 am

i'll fork it this evening and you can see what i have done and change it about if you like. i don't know why i changed it but i usually start reading from the start of the plugin and if there is something i think would be easier to read if it was done a little differently i will change it up.
A loved one and Time, The 2 things that can never be replaced.

Family, The only thing you don't get to choose in life.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby fartech » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:29 pm

I recently add a Yamaha TSR-5790 to my system, and this plugin is working perfectly. The "Home" button on the remote is the only one I don't see a command for though.
Anyone have an idea what the command would be? I would add it manually if I could find it myself.
fartech

Postby Dragon470 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:35 am

I recently add a Yamaha TSR-5790 to my system, and this plugin is working perfectly. The "Home" button on the remote is the only one I don't see a command for though.
Anyone have an idea what the command would be? I would add it manually if I could find it myself.

I don't have a yamaha remote that has a home button on it. As I only have a rx-v671 and a rx-v775

The best way to do this that I can see is:

Use an ir receiver to capture the ir code and then use the plugin to send it. You can use the send any command with "<System><Misc><Remote_Signal><Receive><Code>***</Code></Receive></Remote_Signal></Misc></System>"

The code needs to be in 8-digit ASCII(Hex)

If you don't have an ir receiver you will have to find the code somewhere on the internet.
Just blindly testing would take forever, might be able to guess as the current action commands for main zone are:
'Up': '7A859D62',
'Down': '7A859C63',
'Left': '7A859F60',
'Right': '7A859E61',
'Enter': '7A85DE21',
'Return': '7A85AA55',
'Level': '7A858679',
'On Screen': '7A85847B',
'Option': '7A856B14',
'Top Menu': '7A85A0DF',
'Pop Up Menu': '7A85A4DB' },

I tried to look for an updated functree and ir codes list file from yamaha that had your model but could not find one. This would have been nice as then it could be added to the cursor action codes.

If you ever do find the code then please send it to me as I will add it to the plugin.
Dragon470
Experienced User

Postby fartech » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:10 am

This is a sample of what I got using an Iguana and WinLirc. The codes are very different and dont work when manually sending them.
begin remote

name ..\config.cf.conf
bits 32
flags SPACE_ENC
eps 30
aeps 100

header 9008 4399
one 610 1586
zero 610 464
ptrail 608
gap 39872
toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes
up 0x5EA1B946
down 0x5EA139C6
right 0x5EA17986
left 0x5EA1F906
setup 0x5EA121DE
option 0x5EA1D628
return 0x5EA155AA
display 0xFE8006F9
top_menu 0x5EA105FB
popup_menu 0x5EA125DB
play 0xFE8016E9
stop 0xFE809669
end codes

end remote
fartech

Postby Dragon470 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:53 pm

I am sure you could use a program like IrMaster to do a conversion. I don't really have the time to figure this out since I don't have a rav534 remote to do the testing. Nor do I even know what the "home" button is use for. Does it do anything directly to the receiver or is it always passed on to the input device?

Things I do know that may help you:
RAV534 remote uses NEC1 device codes. device code 122
If you can get this into pronto hex format then IrMaster can convert it. Ex. Cursor up is mapped to protocol = NEC1, device = 122, obc = 157. the 122 convert to the 7A and the 157 converts to 9D which is the shortened for the command. I do not yet know how to get the long command, I will look into one that only has a long code.

Please do remember codes do change if you are on main or zone 2. I have messed this up in the past with Sony receivers.

I have contacted yamaha for an updated ync/ir codes list.
Dragon470
Experienced User

Postby jachin99 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:23 pm

I love this plugin but I get a lot of problems from it at the same time. At first I was thinking it was a network connectivity issue but I can still connect to the AVR with their remote apps. Here is some of what is in my log
Error in Action: "Yamaha RX-V Network Receiver: Set Scene: 1"
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionBase.py", line 170, in CallWrapper
return self(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\client.py", line 297, in __call__
set_scene(self.plugin, int(scene))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\yamaha.py", line 245, in set_scene
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\yamaha_xml.py", line 72, in zone_put_xml
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\yamaha_xml.py", line 66, in put_xml
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\yamaha_xml.py", line 63, in send_xml
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\yamaha_xml.py", line 40, in do_xml
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\yamaha-network-receivers-master\yamaha_xml.py", line 40, in do_xml
File "httplib.pyc", line 986, in getresponse
File "httplib.pyc", line 391, in begin
File "httplib.pyc", line 355, in _read_status
BadStatusLine

I've noticed the plugin folder for this has quite a few different files, and I don't really use all of the functionality of the plugin. What can I do to fix this? would cutting out some files I don't really use help me any? thanks.
jachin99
Experienced User

Postby Dragon470 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 pm

You can not cut any .py files from the plugin folder as they are all dependent upon one another. They could have been combined in to one giant file but that would have been terrible to maintain.

jachin99: Your problem is your response from your Yamaha receiver. Either the data is corrupt by the time it gets to eventghost to read it, or there is no response do to timeout. In the plugin configuration there is a timeout setting. Mine is at the default 3.0 seconds and have never gotten an issue with a response. I have gotten errors when the receiver was not even connected anymore do to a network switch failing on me. I did have response errors when I only had a wireless connection to a test yamaha receiver, when I hard line connected it all problems went away.

Does this happen every time you use the set scene action? I haven't used this for a very long time, but could see if there are errors in it now caused by firmware updates.
Dragon470
Experienced User

Postby jachin99 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:40 pm

I have it hooked up via wifi. I don't just get error messages with the scene buttons, I also had problems with volume controls. So much so that I moved my volume control to another program. Moving it to Ethernet will cost me about 100 bucks, and that's using PoE because my house isn't wired for it. I was hoping to use wifi for the most part. I adjust my timeout settings, and configured the plugin for any receiver instead of my specific model. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do . Any suggestions?
jachin99
Experienced User

Postby Mastiff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:30 am

Hi! I have a little problem here: I need independent mute on zone 1 and 2, and preferably set mute, not just toggle mute (since I have a house web page where I can click on mute and then see if a zone is muted or not), but I can't find out how I do it. I tried the "Send any command", but couldn't get it to work. According to the YNCA protocol the correct syntax should be @MAIN:MUTE=on, but of course that doesn't work. I see that the usage should be <Main_Zone> and so on, in brackets, but I still do not get anywhere. Can somebody please give me a hint as to how I do this?
Mastiff
Experienced User

Postby Dragon470 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Mastiff
According to the YNCA protocol the correct syntax should be @MAIN:MUTE=on

This plugin uses the YNC protocols not the YNCA. I do think they could have come up with a little more distinct names.

So, the commands in the "Send Any Command" should be.
Main Zone

<Main_Zone><Volume><Mute>On</Mute></Volume></Main_Zone>
<Main_Zone><Volume><Mute>Off</Mute></Volume></Main_Zone>

Zone 2

<Zone_2><Volume><Mute>On</Mute></Volume></Zone_2>
<Zone_2><Volume><Mute>Off</Mute></Volume></Zone_2>
Dragon470
Experienced User

Postby Mastiff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks a lot, mate! Quick service! :mrgreen: Oh, btw, you can add the 3067 to the list of working receivers.
Mastiff
Experienced User

Postby Mastiff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Me again... :mrgreen: Something's off with the volume for zone 2. When I try a regular increase volume command with for instance 7.0 in increase, it jumps to -48.5db. If I try to decrease volume with for instance 5, it jumps to -59.5 db. So something's off. I can sett the exact volume, but not increase and decrease. Do you have any idea what that can be? I tried with any command, like this (found on this blog http://g33ksblog.blogspot.no/2013/08/yamaha-network-control.html):

Code: Select all
<Zone_2><Volume><Lvl><Val>Up 1 dB</Val><Exp></Exp><Unit></Unit></Lvl></Volume></Zone_2>

And that worked as it should. So I'm good, but maybe you would like to find out what the problem is that stops Zone 2 volume from working? I can test it for you, if you want to. There seems to be something very strange in that protocol, because it doesn't want to receive just any value. it only works with 1, 2 and 5 db, and with up and down without a value. Without a value it goes half a db for each signal sendt.

Edit: Found out why I couldn't get Zone 2 volume to work in the regular plug-in command. Same there, it only works with 1, 2 and 5 db.
Mastiff
Experienced User

Postby Dragon470 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:06 pm

The volume controls that are hard coded values to be set via the YNC protocol allow for only:

Down
Up
Down 1 dB
Up 1 dB
Down 2 dB
Up 2 dB
Down 5 dB
Up 5 dB

otherwise you need to set the exact value you want.

That is why the increase volume command actually gets the current volume and then goes up the desired amount. Oddly enough I just tried it and it works fore every value except +2.5 dB It goes up 2.0 dB instead. I guess I need to see what is going on there. That was for the main Zone. For zone 2 I am getting very strange changes. If I go up 3.0 dB then no matter what mine takes it to -23.0 dB. I guess that means the volume controls need to be updated. I should get some time in a few days to do some testing.
Dragon470
Experienced User

Postby Mastiff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Sounds good! I have solved it by using a combination of one 2 db and one 1 db, that is about the amount I need. I do it in Python, as part of a script.
Mastiff
Experienced User

Postby therealbiglou » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Can support be added for Zone A/B, instead of just Zone 1, 2, 3, and 4? I tried using Zone 2, but that does not work with my RX-V573's Zone B.
therealbiglou
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support