MouseEvent Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

MouseEvent Plugin

Postby phlox » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 pm

New version 1.0.1 (from 2012-08-26)

hi there,

In my EG configuration I need to receive mouse events. Surprisingly EG doesn't create mouse events 'out of the box', so I decided to write my own plugin. It's not a big thing, but maybe it is helpful for others too.

The plugin uses the pyHook library for getting low level mouse events. Currently this library is not part of EG but I supply it here along with the plugin. To install it, just copy the 'pyHook' folder from the .zip archive into 'EventGhost\lib26\site-packages\pyHook' and restart EG.

Usage note: The plugin does not yet start generating mouse events when it is started. You've to call the action 'Start Mouse Event Listener' in order to receive mouse events.
Attachments
MouseEvent_1.0.1.zip
(34.07 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
MouseEventPlugin.png
Last edited by phlox on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
phlox
Plugin Developer

Re: MouseEvent Plugin

Postby phlox » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:11 pm

version 0.1.1 uploaded with following changes:
  • Fix: Move events were not triggered while coalesce == False
  • Impr: filter ghost move events, i.e. events with same position as previous one if coalesce == True
  • Unnecessary imports removed, URL added
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby phlox » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 pm

here's update 0.1.2 with following changes:
  • Fix: Restore event handling after system resume
  • Improvement: Added option to filter move events by distance
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby phlox » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I've uploaded v0.1.3 with the following change:
  • Option "Filter move events by distance" improved. The initial events are now filtered until minDistance reached. On some systems, I think it depends on the mouse hardware, events without moving the mouse get fired (ghost events), and these events are now suppressed from the beginning.
Perhaps the change sounds silly, but in fact it's crucial if an EG configuration starts an important macro on the first MouseMove event.
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby THX-UltraII » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm

phlox wrote:New version 0.1.3 (from 2012-02-17)

hi there,

In my EG configuration I need to receive mouse events. Surprisingly EG doesn't create mouse events 'out of the box' (or at least I haven't found them??), so I decided to write my own plugin. It's not a big thing, but maybe it is helpful for others too.

The plugin uses the pyHook library for getting low level mouse events. Currently this library is not part of EG but I supply it here along with the plugin. To install it, just copy the 'pyHook' folder from the .zip archive into 'EventGhost\lib26\site-packages\pyHook' and restart EG.

The file you posted does not contain a 'pyHook' folder.

And what s the difference between your plugin and the standard mouse actions that EventGhost by default?
THX-UltraII
Experienced User

Postby phlox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 pm

THX-UltraII wrote:The file you posted does not contain a 'pyHook' folder.
oops, indeed, I'm sorry, I missed to pack the library with 1.0.3 (I've uploaded an updated version in the first post)

THX-UltraII wrote:And what s the difference between your plugin and the standard mouse actions that EventGhost by default?

Well, EG provides actions to move the mouse pointer over the screen or to click somewhere, that's ok, but it does not fire events when someone (a human) moves the mouse or clicks somewhere. The MouseEvent plugin fires events on these and other mouse actions.

For example, such events could be used in a macro to restart a sleep timer; that's exactly the use case where I need this plugin in my EG config.
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby phlox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Here's a final first release of Mouse Event plugin 1.0.0 (download in the first post).

It's in daily use on my own system and it does what it is supposed to: it fires mouse events :)
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby SawyerSI » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:26 am

One question about this plugin. I tried it and it seems to do the job somehow.

How do I get the menu windows from screen one? I need to force it to update more often then it does by default for gaming purpose.
SawyerSI

Postby phlox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:43 pm

you have to call the action 'Start Mouse Event Listener' in your macro in order to receive mouse events. Double click on that action to configure it (that's the screenshot of the first post)

You can call the action 'Stop Mouse Event Listener' if you no longer want to receive mouse events.

You can call an action of the family 'Get last mouse XXX event' if you want to get details of the last event, like the position of the last click.

Feel free to ask if it's not clear.
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby harrybro » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 am

You can call the action 'Stop Mouse Event Listener' if you no longer want to receive mouse events.
Harry Bro
harrybro

Postby phlox » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Here's an update Mouse Event plugin 1.0.1
(download in the 1st post)

Change log
Code: Select all
# 1.0.2    Fix: StopMouseEventListener was broken in 1.0.0
#          Fix: After several suspend-resume cycles, the MouseListener stopped producing mouse events.
#          Fix: MouseEventListener instantiation on __start__(), not on __init__()
phlox
Plugin Developer

Postby hasmak » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:28 pm

phlox wrote:New version 1.0.1 (from 2012-08-26)

hi there,

In my EG configuration I need to receive mouse events. Surprisingly EG doesn't create mouse events 'out of the box', so I decided to write my own plugin. It's not a big thing, but maybe it is helpful for others too.

Usage note: The plugin does not yet start generating mouse events when it is started. You've to call the action 'Start Mouse Event Listener' in order to receive mouse events.

Hi
Thanks for the effort, this is what I was looking for.
Unfortunately It is not working for me.
I extracted the zip, copied pyHook folder as instructed D:\Util\EventGhost\lib26\site-packages\pyHook,
put the plugin in the D:\Util\EventGhost\plugins\MouseEvent_1.0.1
Exit EG -> restart EG
Go to add plugin
The plugin is not shown under any category?
Am I doing something wrong?
MY EG version is: 0.4.1r1640
Thanks
hasmak

Postby Pako » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:15 pm

I see that you are not progressing properly.
Once you download a file MouseEvent_1.0.1.zip, you must do one thing only:
Expand the contents of the file into the folder where you have installed the program EventGhost.
ZIP file contains subfolders, so that will be merged.
Then when you restart EventGhost, you will find a new plugin in "Remote Receiver" group.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby hasmak » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks for the quick response
It is now working :D
Much obliged
H.
hasmak

Postby MikeMelga » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:23 pm

I wonder if this plugin can help me:

I have 4 touchscreens connected to my EG machine. The touchscreens are all serial and are connected each to a serial port.
What I want to achieve is know which touchscreen was pressed. That is all I need.

Can I do this with this plugin? Can I multiload it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
MikeMelga

Next

Return to Plugin Support