terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Tryanderror

Re: terRemote - how to use the Flow Control action type

Post by Tryanderror » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks for your help!

@Javier
You found the solution. :D I simply had to replace "${fsv}" with "fsv" in Flow_Control>Set_Global_Variable. Everything works fine now.

@mpg732
My problem was only on the terRemote side. FastStone Image Viewer and DevalVR are both PC programs. There was no problem in getting back to FSViewer but in getting back to the FS-Viewer-layout from where I started DevalVR.

The setup is:
1a) FSViewer thumbnail-view (layout FSV_1). Here a certain image-thumbnail is selected and I can hit a "fullscreen" button on the layout, so that FSViewer shows this image in fullscreen mode. Layout is changed to layout FSV_2, where I have a touchpad for panning the image after zooming in. Hitting the "ESC"-Button in this layout closes fullscreen and brings me back to layout FSV_1

or

1b) (again from thumbnail view and layout FSV_1) I can hit a button called "DevalVR" that starts the PC application DevalVR. The image then is also shown in fullscreen and the layout "DevalVR" is activated. When I hit the "ESC"-Button in layout "DevalVR" the PC-application DevalVR is terminated and I want to return to layout FSV_1 from where I came.

2) After switching to FSViewer's fullscreen mode (see 1a)) I'm in layout FSV_2 where I can also hit a "DevalVR"-Button. The effect is described in 1b) but if hit the "ESC"-Button in layout "DevalVR" now, I want to return to layout FSV_2 instead of FSV_1 like in 1b).

I hope this clarifies my setup. If you wonder why I want to have these different fullscreen options: Especially when watching panoramas, DevalVR is a lot more fun because it applies perspective correction and wraps around 360-degrees-panoramas seamlessly. Anyway, I'm lucky to have a solution now.

Best wishes
Tryanderror

mpg732
Experienced User

Re: terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Post by mpg732 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Sounds like by your description that there would be a few ways to do what you want. That's what I like about these types of apps. Good to hear you got it working.

Tryanderror

terRemote - Payload of action on release

Post by Tryanderror » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello,

in a terRemote layout I have a button that triggers two network-events:

Action on press: testEvent
Payload: pressed
Action on release: testEvent
Payload: released

If I press the “Test”-button in terRemote’s action-setup the EventGhost log shows:

TCP.testEvent ['192.168.1.38', u'pressed']
and
TCP.testEvent ['192.168.1.38', u'released']

After saving the button properties and leaving edit mode the EventGhost log shows:

On press: TCP.testEvent ['192.168.1.38', u'pressed']
On release: TCP.testEvent ['192.168.1.38']

So the payload of the “action on release” seems to be missing (terRemote Pro 1.39b and 1.40b). I worked around this problem by using another eventname for the action on release, but I assume, that this behaviour is not by design.

Best wishes
Tryanderror

mpg732
Experienced User

Post by mpg732 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm

I have seen this before as well. Not sure if its terRemote or an EG issue. With that being said, you can sill drag them from the EG log and attach them to a macro. If I remember correctly, after a save and a restart in EG, the entire string may shows up.

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:31 am

Yep, it's a terRemote bug. Thanks for reporting. This was not known to me, yet. Will be fixed soon.

Chris

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:50 pm

After spending a few hours over the last week updating my layouts and forgeting to create an exported backup, terRemote_Pro crashed when I attempted to open a layout from the layout list on the left. When I attempt to reopen terRemote_Pro the app crashes before a layout is shown or before the menu button becomes active. I did have Show_last_opened_layout_on_Startup='Checked" so this may be a bug or somehow the layout got corrupted. I do not have an exported backup containing the changes I have made over the last week and would have to revert to and older backup if I clear the app data or uninstall and reinstall. I usualy create backups so I know this could have been avoided and only have myself to blame. I have also sent a crash report and tried "Clear cache" from the system apps menu for terRemote.

So my questions are:
Is there a way to retreve the data on a non-rooted device? Is there any way to point terRemote_free_version to the terRemote_Pro files to see if I can open and then create an exported backup from the free version?

Thanks,
Javier

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:38 am

Hi Javier. In general, data does not get lost so once we remove the problem, your layouts should all be there. I'll contact to via PM to fix this as soon as possible.

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks Chris!

That fixed the problem.

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Glad to help. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quick announcement: I am currently working on dynamically setting images from data, like a file or a Base64-encoded String. As it turns out there are a lot of adjustments to be made for this but I hope to release the first beta by next weekend. Among other things, there will be an "Image" Widget along with a "Read File" action and the action to dynamically set the image of the widget. All in all, this can then be used to display album covers and so on.

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:10 pm

That sounds very interesting!

I have a future request: Android back button.
The ability to control the action of the (android) back button in layout properties or have terRemote remember previous layout(s) so pressing the (android) back button will go to the previous layout . For example: I have a layout called “Living Room” when I long press a button named “T.V” terRemote changes to a layout containing a list of television channels. After I finish browsing channels I have a habit of hitting the (android) back button which takes me to the home screen when I wanted to go back to the layout “Living Room”.

Also I have noticed that in Widget_Properties the button which shows "Advanced" will always show "Advanced" even if you are editing in "Simple" or if you select "Simple" it was a little confusing as I initially thought I was in advanced edit and there where options missing.

Thank you for your quick bug fixes,
Javier

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Your first request is already possible. You have to activate "Options->Features->Use hard keys" and then create a Macro that reacts to the "Key.BACK" event. The action is "Internal->Show Layout->go back".
Note: The back button remains having the normal behavior if (and only if) there is no Macro reacting to the event. In any case, you can always close the app by long clicking the back button.

About your second request: I think this is a problem with the action bar. I think I'll change the label to something else but I don't think I can set it depending on the value. I may be wrong, here...

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks,
I not sure how I missed that.

Maybe the label on the action bar could be something like "Options" instead of "Advanced"

Pliind
Experienced User

Post by Pliind » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks for a great app!

I like the webview, can't seam to connect to a website using the "user:pw@www.website.com" formatting, or am i doing something wrong? :P

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 am

Hi Pliind,

I only have a local server (on my network) which requires a password but I did test the webview. I am not sure how terRemote is setup to handle "Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure or https" (i.e.. "https://user_name:password@ipaddress") but it did handle my local server (http) at "http://user_name:password@ipaddress"

I did have to click "ADVANCED" on the action bar (next to the save icon) and select "Advanced". Then:
Content->URL="http://user_name:password@ipaddress"
Advance->Use_Javascript='checked'
also had Advanced->Open_Links_in_Browser='checked' but not sure if that is needed

I do not have any accounts externally which accept user_name and password through URL but if you know of one I can test against I can try.

Hope this helps,
Javer

Pliind
Experienced User

Post by Pliind » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Javier wrote:Hi Pliind,

I only have a local server (on my network) which requires a password but I did test the webview. I am not sure how terRemote is setup to handle "Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure or https" (i.e.. "https://user_name:password@ipaddress") but it did handle my local server (http) at "http://user_name:password@ipaddress"

I did have to click "ADVANCED" on the action bar (next to the save icon) and select "Advanced". Then:
Content->URL="http://user_name:password@ipaddress"
Advance->Use_Javascript='checked'
also had Advanced->Open_Links_in_Browser='checked' but not sure if that is needed

I do not have any accounts externally which accept user_name and password through URL but if you know of one I can test against I can try.

Hope this helps,
Javer

Thanks for your elaborate answer! It seams that my applications don't have support for using user:pw before URL.

On another note.

I recently made a thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6019

My question is, how do I add a variable {eg.globals.outtemp135} to be shown on a button in Terremote? I tried using the "show music info" guide but couldnt realy get it working :/