terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Javier
Experienced User

Re: terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Post by Javier » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:23 am

Hi Chris,

The new additions to the app look Great!

I finally had time to try the new beta and thought I would give some feedback regarding the Icon problems. The beta version will import files perfectly when the file was exported under an earlier version of terRemote and will show the number of icons (layouts, macros etc.) imported. However when I export a file from the beta version it sometimes displays the warnings therealbiglou mentioned. The warnings I receive contain the file names of some of my icons. When files Exported from the beta version are imported they will not contain any of my icons and they are not available in the app. Icons included with the app are still present.

Also in the past I had trouble with icons missing and/or app crashes during export when my exported file size was around 5MB or greater. Not sure if this is relevant now, but in my export tests of the beta version the export files seem to stay around 3.2MB for a 5MB imported file and I still get the "Could not find picture" warnings when I uncheck "export pictures"

Thanks for all your work,
Javier

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks for that. I analyzed the export file, the pictures are indeed not in there. I think this comes from an old bug which was repaired a while ago but the databases still have some damage. I was able to reproduce the problem in my setting, too. In the next beta I will implement a repair mechanism for these cases.

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:04 pm

Done. The new beta version hopefully contains the solution. Try to export again and see if the warning messages still occur. If not, the new export file should contain all the pictures.

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi Chris,

I attempted to export a file from terRemote Pro1.45 beta and I get the following

1) When all options are selected, or when only "export all macros" is selected:
Success:
Error. Exception while exporting: null
(This will not create an exported file)

2) When all options except "export all macros" are selected.
Success:
Error.Could not export Picture",location('file:pictures/NAMEOFPICFILE')
(This will create an exported file however it will not import and give the following error.
Success:
Malformed file format)

3) When Only "export all layouts" is selected, or When only "export pictures" is selected.
Success:

terRemote will still Import files exported from previous versions of terRemote

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Thanks for this! There were indeed two bugs which are now fixed in "1.45 beta 2". The "Could not export Picture" error points to an error in which a file is indeed not on the device although some Button/Design/Layout tries to use it. There is not yet a fix for which those dead entries are taken from the database, automatically. Anyway, it does not influence the export file.

Additionally, the new beta version contains a graphical color picker.

Chris

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:24 pm

terRemote Pro1.45 beta 2 will export with all options selected with the same error.

Success:

However the exported file will not import into the terRemot (free) or Beta and shows the following error during import

Success:
Malformed file format

On items of less importance,
I've tested durable events for touchpad (Action on Swipe) and flow control if statements. They both send Durable events however the event does not stop when the button/touchpad is released and will continue until another event is sent to eventghost.

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks to point this out, again. That clarified it.

I have a fix ready but will wait for another problem to be resolved before I upload the next beta. You can count on it in about 24h.

Thanks again!
Chris

therealbiglou
Experienced User

Post by therealbiglou » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:26 pm

I was wondering if there were any plans on adding Android Wear support. It would be awesome to be able to place a few select buttons on my Moto 360 to quickly control power/volume/play-pause.

Tryanderror

terRemote - direct connection with built in WiFi-Card

Post by Tryanderror » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if there’s a way to access the PC with terRemote directly, without using my router. E.g. if I want to show a presentation using my notebook and a beamer it would come in handy to connect the smartphone directly to the notebook’s integrated WiFi-card. Even if there is no WiFi available the equipment could be used instantly without further preparations.

I’ve tried to google this problem but I couldn’t find a solution that went beyond a general explanation and seemed to be applicable to the use of terRemote. It might involve the use of the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter that is present on my system but I still have no clue how to start setting things up.

Any help appreciated. Best wishes
Tryanderror

quillquip

Post by quillquip » Sat May 09, 2015 3:55 am

Hi,

I have a, layout that relies on the retrieval of information from EG to initialize variables and set the values of seekbar widgets, etc. Is there a way to make it so an event is triggered or a macro fires when a layout is loaded? I was thinking something akin to EG's Main.OnInit, but on a per layout basis. If there is, then when I switch to a layout it can use a network action that triggers EG. to send the initialization data back to the phone.

bryanleesterk

Post by bryanleesterk » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Has anyone figured out how to edit the export.ter from a pc?

Tryanderror

Post by Tryanderror » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:56 pm

PSPad-Editor 4.6.0 has a built-in JSON-Formatter that displays the exports from terRemote in a much better readable format. I can’t tell if importing an edited layout that has been formatted with PSPad works, because it’s still not fun to work with the source code of the exports.

It would be nice if we could create a layout at the PC but I’m afraid that a layout editor for terRemote will never come. TerRemote is a really brilliant piece of software but it appears to be too complex for many users so the number of downloads of the pro-version stays very low. The developer appears to have ceased development quite suddenly for whatever reasen. I hope, he is doing well.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:30 am

Has anyone heard from this author lately, or is he gone? This app does just about everything, and I think it would be awesome if development continued. I'm trying to figure out how to create a mousepad with this but I'm completely lost. Any help is appreciated. I know how to add the widget but just about everything afterwards I'm lost on.

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:39 am

It can be done and, from what I remember, worked very well... although I think the application is no longer being developed. I deleted the app a while back but I think I still have the EG part archived if you are interested.... you can also accomplish mouse movement through a Tasker scene as seen here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7303

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Yes if you could show me what the tree looks like i might be able to figure things out on the TerRemote end. Thanks