terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
terRemote
Experienced User

Re: terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Post by terRemote » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:19 am

Alright, I finally released the new version. I'm like four days late, so sorry about that.
Two important changes are in the new version:

- Tasker support
- you can now invoke predefined tasks in Tasker. This increases the amount of possible actions immensly if you already use Tasker.
- I uploaded a plugin for Tasker so send Events to terRemote. In the terRemote options, you have to activate receiving Tasker events.

- Bugfix of handling large files
- It turns out that the standard Android way of reading graphic files crashes when the files are too big. On my phone this happend after about 7mb. This is now fixed. As there have been a few bug reports about this, this point was very important to me. If you experienced problems with adding graphics to terRemote, you should test whether it works now. Please report if it doesn't.

Due to a request, I also added the new action "enable/disable Airplane Mode".

Have fun with this new update. There's always more to come. ;-)
Chris

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Yet another update today, this time including something that I was asked a lot:
You can now select multiple widgets and move them at once. Even better, when moving widgets you have a "snapping" function so that aligning widgets is now a peace of cake. Optionally, you can choose whether edges and/or the middle of lines clip and if you want to keep space between the widgets.
Please play around with this feature and tell me whether it's useful and if it is easy to use.

The other change is the option to automatically send me crash reports. This is mainly for beta testers but I would also like other people to activate this feature. It is a great help for me to know what crashed happen on other devices. Nevertheless, the option is of course deactivated by default.

Next month will be a little stressful for me so there won't be major updates. Maybe some smaller changes and urgent bugfixes. Anyway, I guess I will have enough time to answer emails if you have questions.

therealbiglou
Experienced User

Post by therealbiglou » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 am

I was hoping you could help me with the Tasker Plugin Setup. Currentlly, I'm able to send events to EventGhost through the terremote app directly. However, I'm trying to get Tasker to send events and nothing is happening. I have terremote, the terremote Tasker plugin, and Tasker all installed. I have both the sender and receiver servers set up in the terremote app correctly. I have checked the option to receive events from Tasker.

When I'm in tasker, I create a task with the terremote plugin. I select configure and put a name in the Event field. I then press the back button to get back to tasker and I see the name I gave under the configure button on the create a new task box. I save all this and try to run the task but nothing happens.

Also, does using the tasker plugin require running terremote in the background? I currently have that selected but didn't know if that was necessary.

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Brian,

this sound like exactly the right way to send events from Tasker to terRemote. But note that this will not yet send anything to EventGhost.
When you execute the Tasker task does the terRemote log file show that event? (it's under"options" the lowest item)

If it does, you can just use this event in a macro to send info to EventGhost. If not, please write to me again since this sounds like a bug, then.

Best, Chris

polaris

Post by polaris » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:33 am

Hello Everybody, and sorry for my poor english...

I've just bought Terremote, after few weeks testing it.
Very good job, despite few little bugs :
- I have 4 layouts, with buttons I use to go through each others. When I run the app, these buttons are inactive : I have to scroll the screen (to make the list of layouts visible), select one of the layouts, and scroll again to hide the list. Only after that, the buttons are active. I tried to change the default layout, but with no success.
- I have a Nexus 7, and I force all the layouts in "paysage" mode. To add a widget on a layout, I also have to scroll the screen to make the list of layouts visible, because if no, the new widget is out of the screen and I can't touch it...
- When I change the default orientation of a layout, the app crash (but the orientation is good on the next start)

Ok that's all for me... sorry again for my poor english, and THANKS for this very great app !

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:01 am

Hi

Thanks for the bug report. I will have a look into that. My (only Android) phone broke down last week and I am currently waiting for Samsung support to reply. Until this is fixed, I can not test the app on a real device and thus also not release any updates. I can, however, test it on the emulator and analyze the problems so there is hope that fixing the issues will not take too much time after all.

Best
Chris

polaris

Post by polaris » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 am

Hello, and thank you Chris for your answer.

As all my issues are not blocking, it's a pleasure to use your app.
A really useful widget would be a "mouse control" (like the pad on the logitech Di-Novo mini), but I don't know how EG could understand this functionality.

Thanks again for this app (WAF+++ :D )

polaris

Post by polaris » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 am

Another great improvement :

It should be very interesting to have a transparent design for widgets :
As I have a photo of my remote, I could put it in the background, and just design transparent buttons on it.
Result would be great, and perhaps not too difficult to implement.

Thx.

Edit :
Ouchhh, I found how do this :
In the design of the widget, select a solid filling style with a bad color (ex: 0), and the widget become transparent.
Definitely, terremote is a wonderful app...

polaris

Post by polaris » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am

OK, a last issue with TerRemote :

Using this app, when my device (nexus 7) wakes-up after a period of inactivity, I unlock it with the "drag system".
The device returns automatically to TerRemote, but the background of the layout disappear.
Once again, I have to go in the layout-choice menu, choose a layout, and after this all become OK.

It's a big issue for me, because the background is a copy of my remote device...
TV v2.jpg
Background capture

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am

Hi,

this should not happen. Does this also occur with other, small background files and with shape-backgrounds?

polaris

Post by polaris » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello.
I have no problem with shape background.
I test with JPEG of 150 and 200 KB, each time with problèms...

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 pm

I'll send you a PM to discuss this issue further. For your idea of a mouse control: I think EventGhost currently only supports to start/stop mouse movement which can be controled via a button already (using enduring events).
A trackpad widget is on my list but I don't know if it can control the mouse because of this issue.

bbernhard

Post by bbernhard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi terremote

First I need to say my instllation is working fine, I can sent events via terremote to tasker.
However I have some question:

1) I managed to use payloads to put place a message message text -> This is working fine
But it was not possible to use payload for text to speach. --> it always say ${payload.0} instead of the content of the payload
Guess this is a small bug.

2) How is it possible to forward payloads to tasker ? You mentioned this feature in one of your earlier post, but I was not able to figure out how to configure.
I expect there is any option to forward the payload to any tasker variable, right ? Kindly advice how to setup.

3) Whats the purpose of Parameter & Value fields in Tasker Action ? How to use this settings ?

thx and best rgds
bb

terRemote
Experienced User

Post by terRemote » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 am

Hi bbernhard,

1) Oops, my bad... I fixed it now and it will be updated with the next version. Thank you for reporting.

3) Using the Parameters, you can access the value over the variables %par1, $par2, ... in Tasker. Using values with names (e.g. value "color" with "blue"), you can access the values via the variable %color in Tasker. More on Tasker variables can be found here: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/variables.html The usage is the same.

2) This works over Macros. If you want to forward Events to Tasker even when terRemote is not running, you have to activate the background service. Otherwise it only works while terRemote is open.
Create a Macro and add the network event that you will receive. Then add a Tasker action to send an event to Tasker. Currently, you either have to do this for every single possible event (if there are not so many) or you can always send the same event (e.g. "ForwardToTasker") with a payload that changes and that you forward to Tasker. (e.g. you can call the Tasker event ${payload.0} and then always put this information in the payload you send from EventGhost.)
After you have done this, whenever you receive the said event, your Macro is activated and sends the event to Tasker. You should be able to see that in the Log (in the options menu of terRemote).

I hope this helped. Please send me a message if there are still questions left. And thanks again for the feedback :)
Best, Chris

bbernhard

Post by bbernhard » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Chris, thanks for fast response.

att explanation2) You descibed the way i expect it should work, but t doesnt.

What I did:
create a variable in tasker calles "%MYTEXT", the value is set to "notext"
create an task in tasker called "mypopup", in the config page an configured to use %MYTEXT as argument.
If call this direct in Tasker I get a Popup saying "notext" --> for shure this is expected behaviour

Then create a macro in terremote and configure to call tasker task "mypopup"
Parameters is set to "MYTEXT" ( I tried with "%MYTEXT" as well)
Values is set to "terremote"

Now call this macro.

The Popup still saying "notext" instead of "teremote" which is my expectance.

Leave %MYTEXT in tasker empty makes no difference. In this case the Popup show "%MYTEXT" as described in documentation.

Final target should be to use ${payload.0} in value-field to push data from eventghost into a tasker varible.

thx and best rgds
bb