terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Postby Javier » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:42 pm

The EG macro is pasted below. I was able to download terremote and load a backup on to my device (although I did not take the time to reconfigure).

The terRemote part is as follows:

Actions>Directions: four

Actions>Action on swipe:
Event: Computer_Swipe_All
Payload: ${posx}
payload: ${posy}

I think that should get you started....my setup was a little more elaborate and the touchpad changed from mouse control to ps3 control to tv channel control, so I had a flow control argument which used a variable to determine which item I was controlling.

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1700">
    <Macro Name="Movemouse" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="TCP.Computer_Swipe_All" />
        <Action>
            EventGhost.PythonScript(u'eg.plugins.Mouse.MoveRelative(int(float(eg.event.payload[1])), int(float(eg.event.payload[2])))')
        </Action>
        <Action>
            EventGhost.AutoRepeat(0.59999999999999998, 0.29999999999999999, 0.01, 3.0)
        </Action>
        <Action Enabled="False">
            EventGhost.FlushEvents()
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>
Javier
Experienced User

Postby skribb » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:45 pm

jachin99 wrote:Has anyone heard from this author lately, or is he gone? This app does just about everything, and I think it would be awesome if development continued. I'm trying to figure out how to create a mousepad with this but I'm completely lost. Any help is appreciated. I know how to add the widget but just about everything afterwards I'm lost on.

The dev doesn't answer emails so he's probably gone
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: r1722
skribb
Experienced User

Postby Pliind » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:50 pm

He's long gone, i've since Terremote moved to a webserver and jQuery Mobile. A bit more work but imo better control of UI and proportions.
Pliind
Experienced User

Postby skribb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Pliind wrote:He's long gone, i've since Terremote moved to a webserver and jQuery Mobile. A bit more work but imo better control of UI and proportions.

That sounds like an excellent idea using jQuey, do you mean you have a webserver on an android device or on a Windows box running EG webserver?

Man it would be nice trying that setup out.
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
skribb
Experienced User

Postby Pliind » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Eventghost webserver on my windowsserver, so all buttons lead to eventghost. If you look at my past threads theres one about variables, it's the next step but def cool once set up and integrated :)
Pliind
Experienced User

Postby skribb » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Pliind wrote:Eventghost webserver on my windowsserver, so all buttons lead to eventghost. If you look at my past threads theres one about variables, it's the next step but def cool once set up and integrated :)

Bitchin! I'm already using Android wall tablets as my "control pads" using Tasker scenes but I'll definitely switch to JQuery Mobile in a year or two. Feels like a slightly more "open" and "future proof" standard.
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
skribb
Experienced User

Postby jachin99 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:43 pm

So if I switched to this, I would build the page on my EG server machine, load the saved file to into the webserver plugin for EG, then type in the EG webserver's address into my tablet's browser? Would this bring to a page being hosted by my eg webserver that passes commands to the same machine? Sorry for all of the questions
jachin99
Experienced User

Postby skribb » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:01 pm

jachin99 wrote:So if I switched to this, I would build the page on my EG server machine, load the saved file to into the webserver plugin for EG, then type in the EG webserver's address into my tablet's browser? Would this bring to a page being hosted by my eg webserver that passes commands to the same machine? Sorry for all of the questions

I'm not an expert but I think this is the routine:

1. build a web page (links on the web page will be used to trigger events in EG)
2. Host it on EG webserver
3. Visit the URL from another device like your tablet
4. Clicking links will fire the corresponding events in EG
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
skribb
Experienced User

Postby eirik226 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:18 pm

skribb wrote:
jachin99 wrote:So if I switched to this, I would build the page on my EG server machine, load the saved file to into the webserver plugin for EG, then type in the EG webserver's address into my tablet's browser? Would this bring to a page being hosted by my eg webserver that passes commands to the same machine? Sorry for all of the questions

I'm not an expert but I think this is the routine:

1. build a web page (links on the web page will be used to trigger events in EG)
2. Host it on EG webserver
3. Visit the URL from another device like your tablet
4. Clicking links will fire the corresponding events in EG

There's a tutorial for this in the new tutorial section!
eirik226
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Plugin Support