terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: terRemote - Android remote app for EventGhost

Postby terRemote » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:24 am

Hi,

did you try to use the parameters insted and calling them via %par1, %par2, ... ? Tasker distinguishes between built-in variables (all capital letters), global variables (at least one capital letter) and local variables (all lower case letters). Try to name the variable "mytext" instead of "MYTEXT" (without the %) and don't include any further assignment of that variable in your Tasker task. Does it work then? I am currently not able to perform tests in any way so I can not check it.
Anyway, the Tasker documentation for plugin developers has changed. It might be that the current method of sending them does not work with Tasker version higher than 1.2. I will have to change it, then.

Chris
terRemote
Experienced User

Postby polaris » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 pm

terRemote wrote:1) Oops, my bad... I fixed it now and it will be updated with the next version.

I've just started few python scripts. Funny to discover how powerfull it is !
I'm waiting for your next update...
polaris

Postby bbernhard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi terremote

thx, so far Iam a step ahaid. Your hint to use %par1 in tasker did the job.
With this its possible to forward any text written in terremote - parameter field to tasker.
Suggest to put this in documentation...

Unfortunately ${payload.0} does not work if i put it in paramtere field. It seems there is same bug as within the TTS integration.

best rgds
and thx so far
bernhard
bbernhard

Postby terRemote » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Yes, there is. Will also be fixed in the next version. I hope to have it uploaded by the end of next week, as soon as I get my phone back.
terRemote
Experienced User

Postby bbernhard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Never mind, take your time.

You should know Iam evaluating terRemote as Client for a HomeAutomation Applikation. For this use case a stable and reliable communication is essential.
We dont use native Eventghost(PC). Instead of this we plan to emulate it in our application.
So far this works fine.
Previously we useed Eventghost(Android) as Client and rengineerd the protocol. There I found that Eventghost(Android) send a"Close" after a successfull received message.
This was pretty handsome because it could be used as a kind of acknowledgment

But from terRemote I dont get this "Close".
So far I dont know if this is bug or not.
btw. Eventghost(PC) and EGremote also dont send this "close" after succesfull receive.

thanks in advance
bb
bbernhard

Postby terRemote » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm

You're right, it doesn't send "close". This was mainly for the reason because the EventGhost code does not react on that message so it doesn't make any difference there. I can put it in but I will make some tests to make sure that the communication really stays the same, also in speed. If it slows down the communication (I really don't think so but who knows... ;) ), I will put an option to send that command.

The syntax of the communication is naturally adapted to the EventGhost NetworkReceiver/Sender. If you need some other, it likely won't be too much effort.

Best
Chris
terRemote
Experienced User

Postby bbernhard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm

HI

Oh it would be great if you add the "close". It is very usefull for handshake.
This made communication with Eventghost(Android)rock stable even in lausy Wlan enviroment.
Unfortunately Eventghost(Android) seems to be discontinued. And it does support payloads only one direction.

With terRemote I was not able to reach this stability level so far. But seems to be on good track.

best rgds
bb
bbernhard

Postby doodle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 am

I've been using terRemote quite successfully for the last couple of days. Thanks.
doodle

Postby terRemote » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi doodle, this is always good to hear :)

Yesterday I got my phone back so I had time to test the current version. It works fine and most of the bugs that were reported to me over the last couple of weeks should be fixed. Besides that there are some minor changes, one of them that you actually see the changelog on the first start after an update. So I won't write too much, here.

My new appartment is almost done, my new computer is all set up and since yesterday I also have an Android device and a solid internet connection. All good signs for the future development of terRemote :-)

I hope you all enjoy the new version.
Chris
terRemote
Experienced User

Postby polaris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:39 am

Hi Chris, and thanks for this update.

I always have my bugs on the your last version :
-On startup, i can't use the internal "switch layout" function : it doesn't works ; I have to use the hidden menu on the left, choose manually a layout and after this, all work perfectly.
- If I lock the screen, and unlock-it with the "drag function", I have multiple backgrounds at the same time on the screen ; on the previous version, they simply not appear...
2012-09-29 11.35.18.jpg
Multiple backgrounds appear !

But this app is always the best one !!!

Best regards.
polaris

Postby polaris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am

Ouch... a very important issue :
With your last version, I can't export my .ter file !
I have a Nexus 7 (do without any SD card, only choice for exporting...)

Please correct this quickly, as I spent couple of hours to create my layouts !!!

Thanks
polaris

Postby polaris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:31 pm

HELP !!!

Another BIG issue :
I can't send event from my nexus 7 since the last version.
It works perfectly from my phone, with the free version.
I tried to uninstall the free version of my tablet, then install it again, and it doesn't works.
The pro version doesn't works...

Please send me the old version if it's possible, because It's really for me to unstock my old remotes...
polaris

Postby terRemote » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi,

you're already the third one reporting that issue. It was weird because I hadn't actually changed anything in the sending routine. I am quite comfortable that I found the problemnow. It was a compatibility issue with higher versions of Android. I just uploaded a quickfix and I hope it works now for the free as well as for the pro version and for all versions of Android.

About that export functionality: I'll look into that. I have also experienced a longer export time. Will try to fix that as soon as possible.

Best
Chris
terRemote
Experienced User

Postby bbernhard » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Chris
thx for the recent update, I hope you have a lot of fun with your new phone.

- the fix to use payloads in Text-to-Speach is working now, but not tested in long run
- export to SDCard did no more work now. For me it end up in a endless loop Android 4.0.3

- is there a way to make change log accessible either from terRemote or anywhere in the net ?
After install the new version the change log pop up. But then dissappeared and I find now way to access it again.

- did you change something to tasker integration as well ?
Seems that now its no more possible to fill a tasker variable.

Update: export to SD finished now. It took more than 5min. Is this normal behaviour ?
I have yust a couple of macros configured, no layout

best rgds
bb
bbernhard

Postby terRemote » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi,

good idea to make the changelog available even after that one popup. Currently it is not possible but I put the current one to http://terremote.com/changelog.txt for you to look up.

I changed the Tasker integration only regarding the variable replacement so that now one can put variables (names and content) and parameters with the ${payload.0} string being substituted (same fix as for text-to-speech). I tested this and it works for me but only for lower-case variable names. I will add a warning when people enter the names of the variables. What exactly do you mean with "its no more possible to fill a tasker variable"?

Exporting is slow at the moment and I have an idea why but I have to check first before I can tweak it. It should work much faster when you don't export any pictures.

Chris
terRemote
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support