Google Spreadsheet Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Krafty

Google Spreadsheet Plugin

Post by Krafty » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey guys, I recently made another plugin that I want to share with you guys. It's a plugin for updating Google Spreadsheets.

You can check it out and download it on the website: Google Spreadsheet - Event Ghost Plugin

The website also has helpful information on how to use it.

I hope you find it useful. If you do, let me know what you're using it for.

Please post here if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Thank you! :D

therealbiglou
Experienced User

Re: Google Spreadsheet Plugin

Post by therealbiglou » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Great work! I might use this to simply make a live copy of the EG log. That way I can see what's happening without needing to be by my machine or remote in.

Krafty

Post by Krafty » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 pm

therealbiglou wrote:Great work! I might use this to simply make a live copy of the EG log. That way I can see what's happening without needing to be by my machine or remote in.
Thanks! That sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you run into any issues.

piert
Experienced User

Post by piert » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 am

Hi Krafty,

Thanks for the plugin. I just checked out your site: good detailed installations instructions: I like that!
(one line near bottom of page "https://sites.google.com/site/egspreads ... stallation" is a bit strange, though: "Now open EventGhost and check to see that the Webcam Image Capture plugin is available in the "Add Plugin" window.")

I see you provide several options for entering values into the spreadsheet, but eventghost variables or events/payloads seem not possible? Would it be possible to add those?

Krafty

Post by Krafty » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:39 pm

piert wrote:Thanks for the plugin. I just checked out your site: good detailed installations instructions: I like that!
(one line near bottom of page "https://sites.google.com/site/egspreads ... stallation" is a bit strange, though: "Now open EventGhost and check to see that the Webcam Image Capture plugin is available in the "Add Plugin" window.")
Thanks for pointing that out. I used some of the instructions from my other plugin's page as a template. I knew I would miss something. Haha
piert wrote:I see you provide several options for entering values into the spreadsheet, but eventghost variables or events/payloads seem not possible? Would it be possible to add those?
I'll see what I can do.

Krafty

Post by Krafty » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Alright, I updated it so you can use variables now. :D

The variable must be alone in the content text box and you call it by adding "#var." to the beginning and a "#" at the end.

Like this:

Code: Select all

#var.varName#

Code: Select all

#var.eg.globals.varName#
Just replace "varName" with the variable you want to use.

It should work with any kind of variable.

piert
Experienced User

Post by piert » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Great stuff!

Now I need to think up some uses for it :D

Thanks again!
Perry

Krafty

Post by Krafty » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 pm

piert wrote:Great stuff!

Now I need to think up some uses for it :D

Thanks again!
Perry
No problem! Let me know if you do anything with it.

goodcoproflcop

Post by goodcoproflcop » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Nice plugin!

I like the google drive implementations, they give you a nice way to connect to eventghost data over the internet without having a webserver or vpn setup.

After doing a little testing (connected my doorbel, door sensors and movement sensors to a spreadsheet) I've noticed that the plugin doesn't create new fields when it reaches the bottom. You can do this by hand using google docs (add 20 fields below or something like that), i've added 15.000 fields but this resulted in having a long load time when opening the spreadsheet... Can you make an option to add an extra line after each new field?

Krafty

Post by Krafty » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:09 pm

goodcoproflcop wrote:Nice plugin!

I like the google drive implementations, they give you a nice way to connect to eventghost data over the internet without having a webserver or vpn setup.

After doing a little testing (connected my doorbel, door sensors and movement sensors to a spreadsheet) I've noticed that the plugin doesn't create new fields when it reaches the bottom. You can do this by hand using google docs (add 20 fields below or something like that), i've added 15.000 fields but this resulted in having a long load time when opening the spreadsheet... Can you make an option to add an extra line after each new field?
I'm sorry for the somewhat late response. I just updated the plugin so that the Add Row action now has a "Create Blank Row at Bottom" check box that pretty much does what you're asking for. It's pretty simple and will just add a new row to the bottom regardless of how many rows are being used.

It's version 1.2 on the download page. Let me know how that works for you. :D

goodcoproflcop

Post by goodcoproflcop » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:04 am

I've just downloaded the 1.2 version and it works great. To test it I've deleted all rows and started with 1 empty one, I'll let it run for a few days and see what happens. It is a lot faster on my android phone now (not having a spreadsheet with 5 sheets of 15.000 rows haha).

Krafty

Post by Krafty » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm

goodcoproflcop wrote:I've just downloaded the 1.2 version and it works great. To test it I've deleted all rows and started with 1 empty one, I'll let it run for a few days and see what happens. It is a lot faster on my android phone now (not having a spreadsheet with 5 sheets of 15.000 rows haha).
Haha, that's good to hear. Let me know if you run into any problems.

sintei

Post by sintei » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Hello,

I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
But I am trying this plugin and it gives me an error while trying to update any spreadsheet.

I am using google 2sign app password. The plugin says I am signed in.
I am trying to update this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... SHKIEM3L8Y for testing purposes.

When I try to update a cell it says:
15:39:52 Google Spreadsheet: Spreadsheet not found
15:39:52 Unhandled exception in thread started by
15:39:52 Traceback (most recent call last) (1687):
15:39:52 File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\Google Spreadsheet\__init__.py", line 233, in updateCell
15:39:52 worksheet = spreadsheet.get_worksheet(wsIndex)
15:39:52 AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get_worksheet'

I have tried different URLs but none seems to work.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Oh, after this first error message, I can execute the plugin and get this:
15:44:04 Google Spreadsheet: Update Cell: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... SHKIEM3L8Y

But the spreadsheet is not updated. And I have to restart Eventghost to get the first error message.

EDIT:
So i tried the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... SHKIEM3L8Y
I looked at the github for the plugin gspread google sreadsheet API and they used the above format for the URL in "read me".
And now I get the error message:
16:07:18 Google Spreadsheet: Could not connect to Google.
16:07:18 Unhandled exception in thread started by
16:07:18 Traceback (most recent call last) (1687):
16:07:18 File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\Google Spreadsheet\__init__.py", line 233, in updateCell
16:07:18 worksheet = spreadsheet.get_worksheet(wsIndex)
16:07:18 AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get_worksheet'

coricidin

Post by coricidin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 pm

I installed this plugin but keep getting this error:

Google Spreadsheet: Username or Password Incorrect

Not using two step sign in, quite sure the credentials are correct. Any ideas?