Generic HID

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Generic HID

Postby rookwood » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Is there a way to have the HID plugin recognize input from a device that is not present when EG is launched?

Scenario: Windows-based XBMC with Xbox 360 wireless controller used for zsnes. I set it up so that EG watches for a certain button combo to kill zsnes and go back to xbmc. As long as the controller is on before EG launches, everything works as expected. If the controller is not present at start (or if it goes to sleep for any period of time after EG starts), then input no longer shows up in the log once it has reconnected. EG does recognize that the controller has returned showing the following in the log:

Code: Select all
System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_045E&PID_02A1&IG_00#8&5a6dc30&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']

However, no button presses are registered after this.

I also tried the joystick plugin: it will resume normal operation on wake-up, but only if the controller was on at launch. It too doesn't recognize "new" devices after startup. Other programs (e.g. xbmc, steam) work just fine with the controller no matter when it becomes active.

Misc info:
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
Xbox360 wireless controller w/ USB receiver
rookwood

Postby nonob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:20 am

Hi,

Did you found a solution ? I also tried generic hid and joystick plugin, and i have the same issues with my xbox wireless controller.

Thanks
nonob
Experienced User

Postby nonob » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:45 am

Hi,

I foudn an alternative:
Autohotkey.
nonob
Experienced User

Postby yaworski » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi,

I'm using EventGhost with Flirc receiver. If someone doesn't know what it is then it is a keyboard emulator that can record IR codes from remotes and assign them to specific keys.

Everybody knows that keyboards cannot be supported by Generic HID plugin. But some time ago Flirc got new firmware with media keys support. Media keys are sent with different HID usage table number and are not threated by the Windows in the same way as normal keys. They don't show up in EventGhost when using Keyboard plugin as they are not intercepted by the HID keyboard filter driver. And here comes the Generic HID plugin to the rescue. It gets events from Flirc sent from table 12 where the media keys are defined as <Some prefix>.Button.<Decimal for HID button code>. Everything so far so good.

Unfortunately I have a problem with enduring events. When I press a button on remote I get multiple repeated events instead of one. I really need to very quickly release the key to get only one event. If I hold the button I get the same event repeating itself all the time. I've been checking the behavior with Enduring events turned off.

WIthout RAW events I get something like that (in <> is what I do, button number is just as example, Prefix is set to Flirc):

<Pressing button on remote>
Flirc.Button.150
Flirc.Button.150
Flirc.Button.150
Flirc.Button.150
Flirc.Button.150
<Releasing button on remote>
Flirc.Button.None

When RAW is enabled it changes to (code is a hex representation of the HID code):

<Pressing button on remote>
Flirc.0C96
Flirc.0C96
Flirc.0C96
Flirc.0C96
Flirc.0C96
<Releasing button on remote>
Flirc.0C00

Is there I can do in the EG itself to fix that? I wanted to assign all the button on remote to different codes in table 12 and map them using EG to XBMC and other applications. But with above behavior I get multiple actions on each key press and I can't use long press detection for adding more actions to some buttons.

---edit---

I've been analyzing source code of this plugin and the Keyboard plugin. I've added some prints in callbacks to see what is happening there. Now I know that Keyboard plugin doesn't really do much because it itself gets only events on key press and key release. In my situation HIDThread calls the ButtonCallback repeatedly when the remote button is pressed. I think Generic HID plugin could have a configurable option to threat repeating events within some small interval as an enduring event.

---edit---

I've copied HID plugin (changing GUID etc) and created a quick modification. I've added last_event attribute in __init__ and set it to None. Then, if enduringEvents is enabled I've added additional condition before calling TriggerEnduringEvent to check if last_event is different than evtName. If yes then last_event attribute is set to current evtName and TriggerEnduringEvent is called. Also on release event if enduringEvents is enabled I've added a line resetting last_event to None. It is a quick hack as there should be also some timeout in case the release event is lost somewhere (EG would probably think that the event is still occurring).
yaworski

Postby o00o » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi Guys, I'm new to EventGhost so please bear with me. I'm trying to get my remote working for MediaPortal.

So I have a Conceptronic CLLRCMCE (actually a TSBX-2404 but looks identical and is detected as such in EventGhost) However it doesn't seem that there are windows 8 drivers for this, so I am trying to use the Generic HID plugin. All the buttons do register as HID.Button.### so that is a good sign.

One annoyance is that one of the buttons so far HID.Button.73 brings up the start screen. It does this even if EventGhost is not running. Is there any way to interrupt or discover the cause and change it? I'm guessing that HID.Button.73 is not actually the start button as if I press the start button I do not get the HID.Button.73 occur, so I guess there must be a way to disrupt it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
o00o

Postby Qurrent » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:46 pm

First, many thanks to all those who have contributed to the EventGhost project.

I've used EG for years, chiefly with an MCE IR receiver and universal remote to control various multimedia apps.

Now, I'd like to use a single button fixed code RF wireless transmitter ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Buttons-PT226 ... 417364afa0

to launch a batch file.

The problem, of course, is choosing the right RF receiver.

I simply don't know what type of devices the generic HID plug in will support nor which of these will work with a 433-92MHz device.

There are lots of options.

Perhaps just a dongle for a RF mouse, although, from what I can see, these use the 2.4 GHz frequency.

Dell offers a combination IR/RF receiver ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Dell-IR-Wir ... 35b79dbe72

Although I suspect this uses the same 2.4 GHz frequency.

Maybe a "Wireless Transceiver Module HC-11-USB CC1101 433Mhz Module" ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Transc ... 5d4a092cdb

Or a "New 433M CC1101 USB Wireless RF Transceiver Module 10mW USB UART MAX232 RS232" ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-433M-CC1101 ... 3ccff85783

And so on.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Qurrent

Postby Mando » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:07 am

Good day,

I purchased an LG Smart TV and the magic remote "AN-MR500G" comes bundled with it. So I started looking around on how to use the magic remote with its gyroscope capability to control my HTPC.

It connects to Windows normally through Bluetooth HID and label it "LGE Magic Remote MR14" as a Bluetooth HID mouse. Naturally, no interactions at all from the remote with Windows after pairing.

I launched EG and added the Generic HID plugin and choose LG Magic Remote checking the "Trigger Enduring events for buttons" and once I press OK, a stream of input keeps rolling in the log as shown in the image attached.

download/file.php?id=4205&mode=view

So I figured that I am not getting something helpful with the "Trigger Enduring events for buttons" so I changed it "Use Raw Data as event name".

I am attaching a picture illustrating my findings... Obviously the raw data shows that the remote sends a block of data with several bytes ...Each byte is responsible for sending a particular output from the remote. I am not aware of the significance of each byte yet.. Hopefully someone who knows would help ..that would be greatly appreciated. The bytes I am aware of by now are the red underlined in the picture "8044" corresponds to "OK" or enter button and "8007" which corresponds to the left button... by continuing the trials I can get all the codes of other buttons that is no problem... but I still do not know which parts corresponds to the X and Y axis of the gyroscope.

download/file.php?id=4209&mode=view

So my question is how would I break the HID.Value data so EG would check the hexadecimal numbers and when "8044" is present it would press the enter button regardless of the rest of the input numbers in python script ?

Thank you so much and sorry for the lengthy post.
Mando

Postby golaat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:40 pm

I am using the Generic HID plugin configured with enduring events disabled. I am attempting to map my Volume Up and Volume Down keys to adjust my receiver volume. I have this working for a single key press of the volume up and volume down, but what I would like to do is also find a way to support the button being held down. When I press the volume up button, I get a 'HID.Button.223' event. After the button is let up, I get a 'HID.Button.None' event. How do I create a macro so can repeatedly call my Receiver Volume + action until I get a 'HID.Button.None' event?
golaat

Postby raymondjpg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:09 am

I have been using EventGhost with Windows 7 and the following plugins:

HID
XBMC2
MCE
Media Player Classic
Keyboard

Now I find with Window 10 that the Generic HID plugin will not install. The option to install is greyed out.

How do I get it to install?

Is it anything to do with administrator rights?
raymondjpg

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:48 pm

in windows 10 you may need to disable driver signing follow the instructions located here to do this.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9658
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby raymondjpg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 pm

kgschlosser wrote:in windows 10 you may need to disable driver signing follow the instructions located here to do this.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9658

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately even with driver signing disabled the Generic HID plugin still cannot be installed.
raymondjpg

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:35 am

Do you get any kind of an error and how are you trying to install it?
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby raymondjpg » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:48 am

kgschlosser wrote:Do you get any kind of an error and how are you trying to install it?

There are no error messages. There are three clickable boxes, OK Cancel and Apply. The OK and Apply boxes are greyed out, leaving one clickable option Cancel.

Installing from Configuration|Add Plugin menu in EventGhost.
raymondjpg

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:33 am

there is nothing else displayed in the Configuration box?
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby raymondjpg » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:56 am

kgschlosser wrote:there is nothing else displayed in the Configuration box?

If I can attach an image it would show the dialogue box for the plugin as normal, but no option to OK it
raymondjpg

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support