libCEC plugin for Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC usb adapter

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: libCEC plugin for Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC usb adapter

Postby Luca Brasi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:01 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:Got it :-)

what was the problem??? cold solder joint?

I replaced one 20 cent resistor and it worked. I'll have to replace some caps on the hdmi board too to get the osd working again as well. Onkyo put a lot of cheap components in a device running that hot. I even installed a fan in the avr
Win8.1 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / auvisio vrc-1100-plugin and MCE Plugin / auvisio vrc-1100 and MCE Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal
Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Luca Brasi wrote:I replaced one 20 cent resistor and it worked. I'll have to replace some caps on the hdmi board too to get the osd working again as well. Onkyo put a lot of cheap components in a device running that hot. I even installed a fan in the avr

see I told ya it was gonna be something really cheap.. and you thought you had to replace the whole display. Good thing ya mentioned it to me. It is very rare for one of those displays to "burn up" it is usually something in the power supply for it that has a hiccup.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Luca Brasi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Yes man! Thanks for the heads up!
Win8.1 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / auvisio vrc-1100-plugin and MCE Plugin / auvisio vrc-1100 and MCE Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal
Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Plugin Support