Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista and newer

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
ijourneaux
Experienced User

Re: Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista and newer

Post by ijourneaux » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 am

Ok went back to the latest release version and the Learn IR seems to work. Unfortunately the blasting of the learned code doesn't seem to work.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 am

as crazy as this sounds and i am sure you may have read it already...

uninstall the service (you have to run eg as admin)

uninstall all of the drivers for the remote.

anything labeled with the ehome as well as anything labeled with USBCIR

do this from device manager without unplugging your receiver/blaster

reboot your computer. while your computer is rebooting press any button on the remote while it is aimed at the receiver. and keep doing this until windows fully loads. and then keep doing it..

you should hear 3+ driver successful installation chimes.

there is a glitch in how some remotes work. they go into a "sleep" mode before windows gets the chance to fully install the drivers. and it looks as tho everything is ok. but it really isn't

give it a shot. it may work for ya
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:08 am

ijourneaux wrote:Unfortunately the blasting of the learned code doesn't seem to work.
Do you have the IR blaster cable plugged in? Unlike the USB-UIRT, it needs that.

ijourneaux
Experienced User

Post by ijourneaux » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 pm

blaher wrote:
ijourneaux wrote:Unfortunately the blasting of the learned code doesn't seem to work.
Do you have the IR blaster cable plugged in? Unlike the USB-UIRT, it needs that.

I thought about that last night and started using a blaster cable but no luck. Are the two female plugs identical? They are numbered but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify which one or both in the plugin.

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:11 am

ijourneaux wrote: Are the two female plugs identical?
Yes, and the blaster plug has to literally touch the component's IR sensor to work. It can't blast across a room like the USB-UIRT.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:43 pm

New version!

the stability - especially for transmitting IR code - has been increased.

v1.1.2:
- Increased buffer size
- Automatically connecting to pipe if not connected and IR code should be transmitted
- Checking if some other device is sending IR commands and wait for it to finish before transmitting IR code
- Plugin is now in the .egplugin format
- Service is not automatically started any more if it's not running (did only work if EG has been executed as admin anyway)

Download at the first post!

karl_falz

Post by karl_falz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Sem;colon,

I have tried installing the plugin, but failed. I am running EG with full admin privileges and have double clicked on the .egplugin file while EG was running, but nothing has happened. I understand that the plugin should be extracted to

Code: Select all

programdata\eventghost\plugins
, but this directory remains empty. In the program files folder, I cannot find anything new either.

Any suggestions?

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi karl_falz,

strange, what version of EventGhost are you using?

karl_falz

Post by karl_falz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 pm

0.4.1.r1722

karl_falz

Post by karl_falz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am

Solution: start EG unelevated, as a normal user. A double click on the .egplugin file is then recognised in EG and a dialog prompts to confirm the installation. Once OK'ed, the files are indeed created in the ProgramData folder and one can add the plugin. (Nice move to rename the plugin so that it does not collide with the previous version; I had uninstalled the alternate service and removed the directory first.)

The following might be of interest: I have tried again using an EG that was started as administrator, but that reproducibly did not work. I double clicked the .egplugin file twice, then quit EG, started it as a normal user and then the dialog for confirming the installation appeared twice as well.

All seems to be working fine now.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 am

ah, thx, good to know!
I think this issue is already fixed with EG 0.5, as you don't need to open it any more to install plugins in the .egplugin format.

burchis

Post by burchis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:01 pm

kgschlosser wrote:as crazy as this sounds and i am sure you may have read it already...

uninstall the service (you have to run eg as admin)

uninstall all of the drivers for the remote.

anything labeled with the ehome as well as anything labeled with USBCIR

do this from device manager without unplugging your receiver/blaster

reboot your computer. while your computer is rebooting press any button on the remote while it is aimed at the receiver. and keep doing this until windows fully loads. and then keep doing it..

you should hear 3+ driver successful installation chimes.

there is a glitch in how some remotes work. they go into a "sleep" mode before windows gets the chance to fully install the drivers. and it looks as tho everything is ok. but it really isn't

give it a shot. it may work for ya
Recently I upgraded my HTPC to the 64bit version of windows 7 to utilize my 8gb of memory. Actually I did a fresh install and reloaded all of my multimedia programs. After installing the latest version of EG and the MCE plugin (win 8.1 and later) I had problems with getting double key press on certain buttons. I recall several years back that I had the same issue and finally was able to get to work but couldn't remember what I had done. So after reading this forum and following kgschlosser's suggestion all was well. I'm not sure if it was just magic and mirrors, or there is an issue with the driver not getting loaded because of a timeout problem with the remote. At any rate I am thankful for this suggestion because it works for me.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:41 pm

I am having some trouble with this plugin. I have it installed on two Win7 machines, and on each there is a delay between when i press the button on my MCE remote, and when IR blasts are executed. It can be as bad as almost a minute, and if I am repeatedly pressing a button, such as volume buttons, it gets really bad. How can I diagnose or fix this?

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello jachin99,

a short delay is by design - the emitters don't send while IR code is received, to avoid interferences.
However, the delay should be only about 0.5s, not a minute or anything close!
Either the IR receiver constantly receives something (maybe it's directly hit by sunlight or near a plasma TV?) or there is something in your script that causes this delay.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm

New version!

v1.1.4:
- Bug fixes

Biggest fix is for EG 0.5, where it was not possible to Learn IR codes, as the learn window wasn't able to be closed.
I only tested this version with EG 0.5, can someone test it with EG 0.4 and let me know if it works here as well?

Thank you!

Get it from the first post!!