Keyboard+

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Keyboard+

Postby matejdro » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Just want to mention that EG freezing when interface is open is still happening.
matejdro

Postby blackwind » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:32 pm

When using Win key combinations, if you released Win before the other key, the start menu would popup. Fixed in the latest version.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how the freezing might be addressed? I've been testing theories as they come to mind, but no luck as of yet.
/bw
blackwind
Experienced User

Postby matejdro » Sun May 29, 2016 3:31 pm

I have recently started to notice weird issue: Whenever combination containing LWin key is captured via this plugin (for example LWin+Num0 triggers this bug reliably), shift key will become stuck (for example any click I perform after that combination it would be have as if I would shift + click it). Pressing actual shift key un-stucks the key.

This does not happen with RWin interestingly, does not happen if combination is capture (not added to any macro) and does not happen if Keyboard+ plugin is disabled.

Any idea what could be causing this?
matejdro

Postby blackwind » Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 pm

The stock Keyboard plugin is notorious for this, but I've never ever seen it with Keyboard+, and even with LWin+Num0 (which is one of the combos I most frequently use), I'm not able to reproduce. Is it possible your macro or the program you're launching is the culprit? Try moving the event to a different macro. If that doesn't help, unless you can come up with a set of reproduction instructions that work for me, I fear there's little else I can say.
/bw
blackwind
Experienced User

Postby matejdro » Mon May 30, 2016 11:54 am

Yes I moved it to different macro and it was still happening.

It is likely something wrong with my setup, so I have decided to delete everything and start fresh. And now I'm stuck on this error. Any idea?
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
matejdro

Postby krambriw » Mon May 30, 2016 7:23 pm

So if you read each line and think about it, where would you guess it goes wrong!??
My latest plugins
http://plugins.krambriw.net/index.html

Two men in front of a huge excavator...
- that beast steels work from 100 men with shovels
- well, a 1000 men could do the same using teaspoons
krambriw
Plugin Developer

Postby matejdro » Mon May 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Well it is obviously a DLL or some other component missing. But I don't remember ever installing any additional component when installing this plugin, just grabbing source from github, replacing old Keyboard plugin and it worked.
matejdro

Postby blackwind » Mon May 30, 2016 8:19 pm

The repo currently contains the Python 2.7 version of pyHook, which won't work in the stable version of EventGhost. Try the previous commit.
/bw
blackwind
Experienced User

Postby matejdro » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:50 pm

That is interesting. Will EG eventually run on Python 2.7?

Regarding my previous issue, reinstalling did not seem to help. Even creating empty macro and adding LWin related event is enough to trigger this bug. I guess I will try a bit and report back if I can figure out what exactly could be related to it.
matejdro

Postby blackwind » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Eventually.

Does the same thing happen with the stock Keyboard plugin?
/bw
blackwind
Experienced User

Postby matejdro » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:33 am

Yes same thing happens with stock Keyboard plugin.
matejdro

Postby matejdro » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:49 am

I found a workaround that works for me. It is not pretty, but it gets the job done.

Instead of using EventGhost, I detect keys using AutoHotKey and then just forward the buttons to the EventGhost using this simple script:
Code: Select all
<#Numpad0:: Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe -event WinPlusNum0

Events are then forwarded to the same exact macro as before.
matejdro

Postby someguy1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:11 am

matejdro wrote:I found a workaround that works for me. It is not pretty, but it gets the job done.

Instead of using EventGhost, I detect keys using AutoHotKey and then just forward the buttons to the EventGhost using this simple script:
Code: Select all
<#Numpad0:: Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe -event WinPlusNum0

Events are then forwarded to the same exact macro as before.

Wow you saved me Matejdro, thanks a lot for the script. I've been trying to get this useless Keyboard plugin to work in conjunction with AHK but was impossible. Your event sending script works like a charm for sending whatever it is to EG and then using those events for my Hue plugin.
someguy1

Previous

Return to Plugin Support