Nmap

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Nmap

Postby krambriw » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:00 am

Of course, I should not...have put my fingers into this

As always, it was already foreseen in the plugin settings :oops:

Have a nice Sunday,
Walter
My latest plugins
http://plugins.krambriw.net/index.html

Two men in front of a huge excavator...
- that beast steels work from 100 men with shovels
- well, a 1000 men could do the same using teaspoons
krambriw
Plugin Developer

Postby Pako » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:06 am

krambriw wrote:Of course, I should not...have put my fingers into this
Dear Walter !
That's perfectly fine.
I even like.
It is always useful when there are multiple possible solutions.
You have my permission, you can always enter into "my" topic :D .

Pako
You know flattr ? You can Image
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby Henrik4223 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:33 am

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

I have used both solutions - for the restart I unchecked the box and then it is also very nice to have the posibility to check the status with the other script 8)

Thank you very much! :P
Henrik4223

Postby Henrik4223 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Krambriw

I have used your python script and at start it worked perfeckt, but now I only get the following event in return:

Nmap.Unknown

If I check the Nmap ststus I can see that one wifi user is online. Also, when starting Nmap I get the event Nmap.Increased.Alle.

I sometimes get this error when sending python script:

Traceback (most recent call last):
Calling url https://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/sendrequest
Python script "0", line 6, in <module>
prefix = 'Nmap'
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventThread.py", line 78, in TriggerEvent
event = EventGhostEvent(suffix, payload, prefix, source)
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventGhostEvent.py", line 84, in __init__
self.string = prefix + "." + suffix
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Any suggestions?
Henrik4223

Postby krambriw » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:01 pm

???

I do not recognize the script, you better publish it here
My latest plugins

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Postby Henrik4223 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry:

gState = eg.plugins.Nmap.GetGroupState(u'Alle', 0)

eg.TriggerEvent(
gState,
payload = None,
prefix = 'Nmap'
)
Henrik4223

Postby krambriw » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:48 pm

I think this can happen if you run the script when the Nmap plugin is not started. Let's make sure that the result for the gState variable always is a string

You can try this:

Code: Select all
gState = str(eg.plugins.Nmap.GetGroupState(u'Alle', 0))

eg.TriggerEvent(
    gState,
    payload = None,
    prefix = 'Nmap'
)
My latest plugins

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Postby Henrik4223 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 pm

THANX!
Henrik4223

Postby Yamus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 pm

I'm sure it has been explained, but I am still a little unsure on what the Security Factor is. I know that (Security Factor x Scanning Period) = the length of time that it will take to determine a device has been disconnected, but why then, would we not just use "scanning period"? I'm pretty sure that security factor has something to do with the way Nmap scans for the device, like higher security would be a more thorough scan, but I would like to understand better. This way, I will not just be putting in random numbers.

If the default of 8 Security Factor and 30 seconds Scanning Period = 240 seconds, does this mean it performs a 30 second scan 8 times?

Thanks in advance for any help, as I have played with the plugin, and am excited about it's use, but want to fine tune my settings, as much as possible.

Thanks,
Yamus
Yamus

Postby Pako » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:23 am

This is not a problem Nmap, but the problem of (mainly) smartphones (and similar devices, battery powered and connected via wifi).
These devices have different modes, saving battery. For this reason, it happens that sometimes they are not (for varying a brief moment) to see in the network.
If this phenomenon occurred precisely at the time of scanning, and we immediately responded to it (the event that the device is not in the network), so there would be a "false alarm".
So we choose a suitable number of tests and the event will occur only in case all of these (consecutive) tests are negative.
You can have to do two actions:
1) Create a few profiles with different settings and then assign to each device suitable profile
2) You can experiment with the values of the period and the security factor. You can find such value when detection is faster and yet sufficiently reliable.
Yamus wrote:If the default of 8 Security Factor and 30 seconds Scanning Period = 240 seconds, does this mean it performs a 30 second scan 8 times?
No. It performs scan 8 times, but scan usually takes only a few seconds. Sometimes it is less than one second.

I hope I explained it sufficiently clearly. I apologize for my English.

Pako
You know flattr ? You can Image
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby Yamus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:06 pm

Pako,
Your explanation is great and I thank you for it. Now I just have to experiment a little more. Although my home network does not contain any layer 3 devices, I do have a Cisco wireless access point that is connected to the same Cisco switch that my Eventghost PC is connected to.

I have three devices I am testing with. Two Android Phones, and one Android tablet. When the devices are connected to my main wireless router, I get better results. When I connect them to the Cisco access point, the results are not as good. I am sure this has something to do with configuration, but I will just have to test a bit more. I don't know enough about Cisco to change my access point config, so hopefully, I will find a good NMAP config that works whether my devices are connected to either wireless device in my home.

Thanks again for your help and thanks for the excellent plugin.
Yamus

Postby jachin99 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:01 am

I'm having a new BSOD problem, and I don't think Nmap plugin or even nmap itself is to blame but I do see a message about Npcap driver error when it does happen. I did a quick google search for it, and found a few hits where WinPcap was causing this problem, and I saw one person recommend installing WIn10Pcap. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone confirm that Win10Pcap will work as a suitable replacement? Thanks.
jachin99
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Plugin Support