AudioEndpoint

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: AudioEndpoint

Postby Snowbird » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:13 am

jonib wrote:
Sem;colon wrote:hmm, looks like the new lib form version 2.1 only works with EG version 0.5 and up.
You are missing the "stdole.py" and "MMDeviceAPILib.py" files that are needed for EG 0.4 as comtypes can't generate them.
The comtypes in Python 2.7 don't have the problem so it works in EG 0.5 that uses 2.7.

There is also a period missing in the "AudioEndpointControl\__init__.py" file, line 13 should be:
Code: Select all
try:
   from .MMDeviceAPILib import MMDeviceEnumerator as _MMDeviceEnumerator, IMMDeviceEnumerator as _IMMDeviceEnumerator, IMMNotificationClient
except ImportError:
Or it can't import the MMDeviceAPILib module, because I added the "absolute_import" directive. sorry about that.

jonib

for some unknown reason I'm getting this error on one of my computer :

12:04:32   Error loading plugin file: C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\AudioEndpoint
12:04:32   Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-rc2):
12:04:32     File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\AudioEndpoint\__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
12:04:32       import AudioEndpointControl
12:04:32     File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\AudioEndpoint\AudioEndpointControl\__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
12:04:32       from comtypes.gen.MMDeviceAPILib import MMDeviceEnumerator as _MMDeviceEnumerator, IMMDeviceEnumerator as _IMMDeviceEnumerator, IMMNotificationClient
12:04:32   ImportError: cannot import name MMDeviceEnumerator

I don't understand what went wrong it used to work perfectly, following a system crash (I think) it's not working anymore. I reinstalled EG RC2, even reinstalled the AudioEndpoint plugin (latest version, and also older) just to be on the safe side, but I still can not import this plugin... Any thoughts on this ?
Snowbird
Experienced User

Postby jonib » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Snowbird wrote:I don't understand what went wrong it used to work perfectly, following a system crash (I think) it's not working anymore. I reinstalled EG RC2, even reinstalled the AudioEndpoint plugin (latest version, and also older) just to be on the safe side, but I still can not import this plugin... Any thoughts on this ?
This file "_2FDAAFA3_7523_4F66_9957_9D5E7FE698F6_0_1_0.py" gets automatically generated and I'm guessing it is corrupted or wrong version, I'm not sure where it is on your system, but try to find it and delete (or move) it and try again.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby Snowbird » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:51 pm

jonib wrote:This file "_2FDAAFA3_7523_4F66_9957_9D5E7FE698F6_0_1_0.py" gets automatically generated and I'm guessing it is corrupted or wrong version, I'm not sure where it is on your system, but try to find it and delete (or move) it and try again.

jonib

Thanks, it worked !! :D

if this happens to anyone else, the files are located here, just delete them all and restart EG :
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\comtypes_cache\EventGhost-27
Snowbird
Experienced User

Postby jonib » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Snowbird wrote:Thanks, it worked !! :D
Great.

I'll see if it can be fixed automatically in my AudioEndpointControl Library when I work on it next time. GitHub issue.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby Luca Brasi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 am

hey guys,
I'm struggling with checking if one specific audio device is connected. Sorry if that has been discussed here somewhere, I couldn't find any info for that.
I tried to set audio on the disconnected device hopping to get some error then but there was none. Apparently AudioEndpoint is setting the volume on the disconnected device. But of course I will not get a volume change from the system then. So I could use that for determining the connection status but I was thinking that there has to be an easier way?

[Edit:] Some more info: AudioEndpoint will even give me an event with the new volume on the disconnected device which might be a logical thing to do. It just doesn't help me with my workaround. I'm handling it now with System.Volume event which is not triggered.
Win8.1 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / auvisio vrc-1100-plugin and MCE Plugin / auvisio vrc-1100 and MCE Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal
Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Postby Sem;colon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 pm

You get a state change even when you plug/unplug an audio endpoint, just write a variable on these events and check that variable when you need to know if it's connected or not
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby Luca Brasi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm doing that of course. It's just that this fails sometimes. I guess around sleep/wake. So I wanted to build in some kind of check if the avr is there or not because I don't want some other actions to be triggered until it is. It's no biggie I'll work around it.

try:
    eg.plugins.System.ChangeMasterVolumeBy(-1.0, u'TX-SR607-14 (NVIDIA High Defini')
except:
    print 'Error for amp volume change - Amp not present'
    eg.globals.amp_connected = 0
else:
    print 'Amp Volume change succesful - Amp is connected'
    eg.globals.amp_connected = 1
    eg.plugins.System.ChangeMasterVolumeBy(1.0, u'TX-SR607-14 (NVIDIA High Defini')

Or maybe a little bit more robutst
eg.globals.amp_connected = 0
from eg.WinApi import SoundMixer
print SoundMixer.GetMixerDevices()
device = "TX-SR607"
devdict = SoundMixer.GetMixerDevices()
for k in devdict:
    if device in devdict[k]:
        eg.globals.amp_connected = 1
        print 'Amp is connected'
        break
    else:
        pass
print 'eg.globals.amp_connected = '+str(eg.globals.amp_connected)
Win8.1 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / auvisio vrc-1100-plugin and MCE Plugin / auvisio vrc-1100 and MCE Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal
Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Postby Xepo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 am

Hi guys,

Im trying to detect when windows is playing audio. Any source, any sound, basically whenever the soundcard is transmitting a signal to the speakers.

Is this somehow possible with this plugin?

Thanks,
Bob
Xepo

Previous

Return to Plugin Support