AudioEndpoint

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Re: AudioEndpoint

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:07 am

Sem;colon, it shows only one device name/ID...
but I'm curious about your use-case?
Nothing special... I have the AV-receiver and DAC, and I use Harmony universal remote to power on/switch all devices to the necessary modes. Cause PC should wait, until audio device will be ready to work, last year I make small script - which tries to switch default audio device to DAC (for example) and then checks if there DAC is the default audio device. If it is - EG goes to the next tasks. if not - EG will wait some time and then will try to switch again. Thing that I don't like is that switching are first and check the second, I would prefer to check (is DAC ready to switch) at first, and only if it in the list of audio devices, go to switching...
Sin©erely yours, Neytrino.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 am

I see... I'd recommend you to use the new action "Get Audio Device By Name"; it returns the ID and name of a device that name matches a pattern and it returns None if no device matches the string. So if it's not None, it is ready.

I don't know why you can't see that other device, I bet you also can't select it with another option of the plugin then...

EDIT: Did you select to trigger events on "Audio endpoint state changes" in the plugin config? If it isn't checked, the plugin will not monitor if you add or remove a device, so only devices are available that are there at startup!

Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 am

Sem;colon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 am
I'd recommend you to use the new action "Get Audio Device By Name"; it returns the ID and name of a device that name matches a pattern and it returns None if no device matches the string. So if it's not None, it is ready.
It will be good option if the original idea will not work.
Sem;colon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 am
Did you select to trigger events on "Audio endpoint state changes" in the plugin config? If it isn't checked, the plugin will not monitor if you add or remove a device, so only devices are available that are there at startup!
You are right, I prefer to disable events which I do not use. But unfortunately, enabling did not bring the result
If I restart EG, it see changes, but only in EG startup state...
Image Image

slattynan
Experienced User

Post by slattynan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Downloaded the new version this after installing the new version of EG and tried to run it, but nothing is coming up in EG?

Any suggestions why? Not sure where to start..

Correction... i'll start with a golden reboot... fixes most things :D

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:13 pm

I'm sorry, there were quite some bugs in that last version...
Here is a fixed one!

@Neytrino-OnLine: That should also solve your issues, but you need to keep the state changes activated ;)

v2.3.3:
-Lots of Bug Fixes
-Removed feature "Advanced audio endpoint state changes (property changes)" as it was buggy and causes a lot of issues

slattynan
Experienced User

Post by slattynan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Seems the issue I did have wasn't related to the plugin.

Working fine for me now, thanks a bunch.

I'd don't suppose there is a way to add a function to show whether audio is currently playing? Or better still has been active within a set window of time?

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 am

slattynan wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:22 pm
I'd don't suppose there is a way to add a function to show whether audio is currently playing?
I agree that would be helpful, but I dunno how..

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:20 am

yes it is possible to have events generated when audio starts and stops. but not with this plugin in it's current state.
I am still working on a version of it that does support this feature.

I did manage to dig up an old version of it. It may or may not be buggy. I do not remember all of the specific details on it..

But here it is
Attachments
CoreAudio.egplugin
(135.78 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

slattynan
Experienced User

Post by slattynan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:04 am

Yes K! my hero, I'll test and play with this and see whether I can find and fix bugs. I need it as part of my AMP control setup, without it I'm wasting electric and adding wear to my AMP for hours a day.

Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Sem;colon wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:13 pm
That should also solve your issues
Yes, thanks!

Mebejedi

Post by Mebejedi » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Is it possible to use this plugin to see/adjust the volume of a particular program volume slider?

Specifically, I have set up WC/EG to play pre-recorded MP3s on my son's computer to get his attention while he's playing his game with headphones. ("You're playing too loudly", "You need to take out the trash"). I'd like to be able to set the EG volume to max before each statement (in case he turned down the EG volume.)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 pm

The application volume sliders in Windows are only supposed to be able to be adjusted by the application that owns the slider. Windows is set up this way to keep applications from adjusting the slider of another application. could you imagine if applications started messing around with another applications volume.. HOLY COW!

Now I am not saying that it cannot be done. You are not supposed to be able to know what another applications media playing state is either. Some how some way in some code that i wrote I am able to find out this information. don't ask me how or why I am able to. it is just doing it. So I am sure there is probably a hole somewhere that i managed to fall into. this same hole I would imagine will also allow me to adjust another applications volume control. I have not tried to do this. But possibly it can be done. By design it is not supposed to happen.

skribb
Experienced User

Post by skribb » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Mebejedi wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm
Is it possible to use this plugin to see/adjust the volume of a particular program volume slider?

Specifically, I have set up WC/EG to play pre-recorded MP3s on my son's computer to get his attention while he's playing his game with headphones. ("You're playing too loudly", "You need to take out the trash"). I'd like to be able to set the EG volume to max before each statement (in case he turned down the EG volume.)

i use SoundVolumeView for this purpose.

you could also do some workaround like letting the sounds play in a portable exe-contained media player, so that prior to playing the file you can rename the media player executable to current date and time, so that each time a sound plays, the executable is different, thus the volume slider will be at default level each time a sound plays (not sure if it will be detected as a different app by the volume settings because of the player's filename, but you could try).
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: v0.5.0-rc4

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 am

if you are looking to control the EG volume level from inside of EG that can be done.

You cannot do it with this plugin. I can however add it to a plugin i posted a link to several posts back. I have not done any work to the plugin in some time (got really burnt out with it) I can take a gander and see how hard it would be to add the control of the application volume. I do not think it would be all that difficult. I know all of the components are there I just have to add an action for it and also make the proper connection to Windows to allow the control.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 am

you can also make use of the speech plugin if you are simply trying to get an audio playback of a message. another option is to use the play sound action in EG, you would have to make wave files instead of MP3's couple that with the ability to set the EG volume an that would be all you need. no other applications would be necessary.