Samsung Smart TV network remote

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Samsung Smart TV network remote

Postby gkrystev » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:33 am

Hi,

I had a need to control my Samsung smart TV over the network and after I figure out there is no such plugin available for EventGhost, so I made it.
You can find it here https://github.com/gkrystev/SamsungSmartTV
(just copy the directory under Plugin folder)
It should work on most Samsung Smart TVs. I tested it only on my own, so I can't tell how is going to work on other models.

If someone think something is not right or need to be changed, please tell.

Hope it will be usefull for someone.
gkrystev

Re: Samsung Smart TV network remote

Postby husa550 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi!

I haven't tested your plugin yet but can it turn ON the tv from standby?

Thank's
husa550

Postby gkrystev » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 am

husa550 wrote:Hi!

I haven't tested your plugin yet but can it turn ON the tv from standby?

Thank's

Not quite sure... At least on my TV I use the wireless module to connect the TV to the network. When the TV is powered off (or in standby), the wireless module is turrend of as well and the TV is not connected to the network anymore. Not sure how it's going to be when TV is connected via ethernet. Need to look at that.
gkrystev

Postby Conversed » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:22 pm

dude, i want to kiss you! i've been searching/waiting for something like this for a while now. i was about to order one of those hdmi-cec usb adapters, but this is much more awesome and has been working flawlessly so far!

i've also found some more key codes at http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Key_codes

i have one question though, is there a way to send keyboard letters to the tv? i kinda want to use text input from my wireless htpc keyboard on the tv.

i don't know why this plugin isn't more popular, there surely have to be a lot of people out there with samsung smart tvs.

great work man!
Conversed

Postby millsx2 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:31 pm

I am having trouble getting this to work. I have not been able to connect to my TV. It's a 2014 model, not sure if that makes a difference.

The IP address is entered correctly and it is set to manual on the TV so it does not change. Could it be another port number I need to use? Do I need to open that port up on my router? I have been able to use the smart phone app no problem so it should work.
millsx2

Postby mikeparkie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:46 pm

^Same as above. I have a UE32H6400, I have opened the port on my router, give the TV a static IP, and specified the TV name "UE32H6400" and various other combinations and I can't get it to work. Any troubleshooting tips would be great :D
mikeparkie

Postby adamsweet » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:09 am

soo has anyone got 2014 model to work?
adamsweet

Postby thahim » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

gkrystev wrote:Hi,

I had a need to control my Samsung smart TV over the network and after I figure out there is no such plugin available for EventGhost, so I made it.
You can find it here https://github.com/gkrystev/SamsungSmartTV
(just copy the directory under Plugin folder)
It should work on most Samsung Smart TVs. I tested it only on my own, so I can't tell how is going to work on other models.

If someone think something is not right or need to be changed, please tell.

Hope it will be usefull for someone.

Port Drop down menu in Config is empty.
EventGhost Version 0.4.1.r1669
Windows 7
thahim

Postby thahim » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:32 am

@ gkrystev What should i do? no ports there

EventGhost Version 0.4.1.r1669
Windows 7
thahim

Postby Boolean263 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:13 am

I was digging through the forums for hidden gems, and found this one. It works for me, both on my TV and my Blu-Ray player (though many of the keys on the player don't work the same/at all yet). Cool stuff for creating this and bringing it to life!

Since I have two devices, I cloned the source and added `canMultiLoad = True` just to see if it would work. And it does! I can control both devices with two instances of the same plugin! I don't know if you're still around, gkrystev, but you'll probably get a pull request or two at some point in the near-to-mid future. (:

thahim wrote:What should i do? no ports there

That screenshot isn't from this plugin. It's from the other one, which requires an RS-232 (ie, COM port) connection to your TV. That's the kind of port that it's listing in your screenshot, and most modern PCs don't have COM ports any more.
Windows 10 Home, version 1703, build 15063.540 · EventGhost 0.5.0-rc4 · wxPython 3.0.2.0
Python programmer for fun and profit. Dabbler in EventGhost plugin writing.
Boolean263
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 am

@ Boolean263

AHEM!!!

They almost always have com ports. it's that almost none of the manufacturers provide the cable and dsub to plug into the header on the main board. almost all main boards out there have a com port header as well as an ir header and if it has integrated audio some form of a digital header.

and any of the samsung TV network control ends with the H model i believe this is the first model to be locked out. I know there have been a couple of tries to get the thing to work and the last time i checked which i have to say was some time ago. the attempts were 1/2 way working, but things may have changed since then. There is a modified version of the samsung TV plugin available that does network control on TV's earlier then the H. it has support for multiple TV's and also provides all of the control codes. it can be found here http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... +tv#p39804

I may modify the plugin to attempt a wol packet to the TV maybe that will turn it on. I am not sure.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Boolean263 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:55 pm

kgschlosser wrote:@ Boolean263

AHEM!!!

They almost always have com ports. it's that almost none of the manufacturers provide the cable and dsub to plug into the header on the main board. almost all main boards out there have a com port header as well as an ir header and if it has integrated audio some form of a digital header.

And almost all of them are disabled in the BIOS by default, so you won't see them in a dialog like this unless you've manually activated them yourself.

kgschlosser wrote:and any of the samsung TV network control ends with the H model i believe this is the first model to be locked out. I know there have been a couple of tries to get the thing to work and the last time i checked which i have to say was some time ago. the attempts were 1/2 way working, but things may have changed since then. There is a modified version of the samsung TV plugin available that does network control on TV's earlier then the H. it has support for multiple TV's and also provides all of the control codes. it can be found here http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... +tv#p39804

Cool, I'll check that one out too.
Windows 10 Home, version 1703, build 15063.540 · EventGhost 0.5.0-rc4 · wxPython 3.0.2.0
Python programmer for fun and profit. Dabbler in EventGhost plugin writing.
Boolean263
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Boolean263 wrote:And almost all of them are disabled in the BIOS by default, so you won't see them in a dialog like this unless you've manually activated them yourself.

touche`
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Return to Plugin Support