Mopidy

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
krambriw
Plugin Developer

Mopidy

Post by krambriw » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am

This is a plugin to integrate with Mopidy.

Mopidy runs under Linux, I use a Raspberry Pi, and can be controlled by many clients from a PC's, touch pads, smart phones and now also from EventGhost.

Mopidy is an extensible music server that plays music from local disk, Spotify, SoundCloud, Google Play Music, and more. You edit the playlist from any phone, tablet, or computer using a range of MPD and web clients.
https://www.mopidy.com/

Download the plugin from here:
http://krambriw.net

Installation is simple, just extract the content to the plugin folder and restart EventGhost. The settings are self-explanatory I hope...

Kind regards, Walter
Last edited by krambriw on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Re: Mopidy

Post by krambriw » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Since a week ago, I have been looking for a better music player. Yes, I know, there are plenty around and maybe we have just enough of plugins for all those variants.

Anyway, my prime target was to find a better way to integrate EventGhost with Spotify. The current plugin does not support all required features anyway so I had to do something. Then I came across Mopidy, an amazing music player capable of doing much, much more. During the development I have had it running 24/7 without any kind of glitch, it just works. For convenience reason, I even managed earlier today to configure the Pi to use my wireless headset, really cool.

First thing is of course that you have to get Mopidy running. I would suggest to use a Raspberry Pi but you can of course use more powerful platforms.

So here you go, try it out and experience a fantastic music player. If you run into some problems on the way, I am sure we will find out how to help you.

Best Regards

m19brandon
Experienced User

Post by m19brandon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Just made the switch. What frontend are you using or are just using your plugin?

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:56 pm

I used to use Mopidy but actually switched to using Logitech Media Server (LMS) with my old Squeezeboxes...and a soft version piCorePlayer running in a raspberry pi provides the solution for me including support for Spotify and much more. You could actually have a network of pi's fully controlled by LMS..I think could be a very cheap setup, well you need a number of amplifiers as well..

Back to your question; I used some macros/actions of the plugin to automate certain functions but for normal usage I used Mopidy-Mopify web client. Today there are many other MPD clients to choose from

m19brandon
Experienced User

Post by m19brandon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:28 am

I was looking for easy an use solution to replace the spotify client on my bedroom HTPC. I can't keep the spotify plugin working any more. They change the key combination every 2 months. I will try this, just need to play a few playlists (background noise) and be able to play/pause. Everything more complex and I just use the spotify phone app and cast it.

m19brandon
Experienced User

Post by m19brandon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm

From _app.py line 35, I was getting the error below. Not sure it is just my system.

To resolve, I changed line 35 from 'from websocket._abnf import ABNF'
to
'from ._abnf import ABNF'

Error loading plugin file: C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy
Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-beta5):
File "C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy\__init__.py", line 76, in <module>
import websocket
File "C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy\websocket\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from ._app import WebSocketApp
File "C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy\websocket\_app.py", line 35, in <module>
from websocket._abnf import ABNF
ImportError: No module named _abnf

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:27 pm

m19brandon wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm
From _app.py line 35, I was getting the error below. Not sure it is just my system.

To resolve, I changed line 35 from 'from websocket._abnf import ABNF'
to
'from ._abnf import ABNF'

Error loading plugin file: C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy
Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-beta5):
File "C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy\__init__.py", line 76, in <module>
import websocket
File "C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy\websocket\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from ._app import WebSocketApp
File "C:\HomeAutomation\EventGhost\EventGhost\plugins\Mopidy\websocket\_app.py", line 35, in <module>
from websocket._abnf import ABNF
ImportError: No module named _abnf
THANK YOU!!!
&
(((krambriw)))
too ;)
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.