PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Remote

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Remote

Postby piipes » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:55 pm

BDRemoteSleep works very well, i will change non-Rechargeable Batteries.
I don't have any problem.
piipes

Postby piipes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am

Ok, now i have one issue. Some time ps3 device won't work after suspend. Have to remove and connect ps3 remote again, via windows bluetoot devices.
I'm pretty sure, that those device lost is now common than before.

How i can automatic that bluetoot device reconnet?

Sorrry my english again.
piipes

Postby fartech » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:25 am

After much reading and lots of trial and error, I found a way to get hibernation working with the Stock Microsoft Bluetooth stack. It seems that there are, in fact two versions of the MS program Devcon.
A 32 (77KB) and 64 (81KB) bit. Neather is labeled and have the same version #! This is where the problem lies.
So using a timer in EG I am calling a bat file with this in it:
@echo
"C:\devcon\devcon64.exe" restart "@BTHENUM\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&0306\7&3B4126EF&0&0006F7F5E88E_C*"

You will find this long string in the devices Property, Device Instance Path. There are 8 extra characters in mine that get enumerated each time you get a full disconnect and re-add it.
Mine have been from Batteries popping out and such. The * at the end solves that.

Now if we could get the Plugin to handle it the same, we wouldn't have to reselect the remote when re-adding it.
fartech

Postby gechu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:08 am

Running Eventghost in Windows 8.1, and it seems the devcon.exe command requires admin permissions. I don´t think Windows 7 had this requirement.

I´ve tried various commands that can be used to launch commands with elevated permissions (nircmd.exe, elevate http://code.kliu.org/misc/elevate/), but I cannot launch figure out how to launch it invisible in the background. Tried wrapping it in a VB script.

My current workaround is to launch Eventghost as administrator - but that is not how I want to do it in the long run.

Any suggestions?
gechu
Experienced User

Postby fartech » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:48 am

Open Notepad and put this in it:

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run "PS3Sleep.bat", 0

Save it as PS3Sleep.vbs and call it from Event ghost.
fartech

Postby gechu » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, but that is the vbs function I've used. Don't you require administration permission to run it?
gechu
Experienced User

Postby fartech » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

That's probably why it works on mine, I use a named account with admin privileges. I don't worry about it showing, as I am running EG as a service on a WHS2011 machine.
fartech

Postby gechu » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 am

Just want to share that I´ve been using a modified version of this plugin (added support for new hardware ID) to interact with the Logitech smart hub control.

I actually prefer the most basic edition of the Harmony remote controls. Really great remote actually. Compared to the editions with LED, battery life is not a problem. Communication between the remote and Smart hub is achieved using RF, and since the hub is always connected to a power jack, there is no need for power saving tweaks. In practise you´ll notice that the very first keypress after the remote has entered sleep, can now be used to trigger an actual action, instead of just bringing the remote out of sleep.

I´m also quite pleased with Harmony software. The Ios and Android apps are good. I mostly use them to trigger keys not mapped to the hardware control, and sync the harmony settings to internet. More importantly, I like the Harmony model which consists of "activities" (watch TV, listen to music etc..), and how its possible to customize the startup and shutdown routines of each activity. Actually, the concept is similar to how I use to use Eventghost.

More info about the code change here (just a couple of lines): http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=5578
gechu
Experienced User

Postby ijourneaux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:38 am

This thread seems to be pretty quiet. I read through the thread but wasn't able to conclusively determine if there was a version of the plugin that supported the volume up/volume down buttons on the new sony remote with the channel up/down volume up/down at the bottom of the remote. There is a mute button there as well.

The channel up and down works as expected but the volume up and down do not.
ijourneaux
Experienced User

Postby gechu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

It doesn't work. They're only constructed to trigger an ir signal
gechu
Experienced User

Postby ijourneaux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks for confirming. I have alwasy used IR in the oast but with the newly relocated TV the IR interference from the plasmaTV make IR impossible hence the desire for a bluetooth or RF solution.
ijourneaux
Experienced User

Postby RedsGT » Wed May 07, 2014 4:26 pm

I just use the R1/R2 buttons for volume control. Works great since I've trained the SO to do the same thing.
RedsGT

Postby piipes » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Usb-uirt ir reciver/sender is ok solution, if you need IR too.
I use old ps3 remote, new one is poor.
Cross/square buttons are xbmc main volume and R1/R2 control my onkyo amp volume. So ps3 remote send command to pc and then usb uirt send ir signal.
You can learn ir signals too.

If you want to made good remote to xbmc, you have to edit keyboard.xml
One remote button can send different command, depending what "screen" you are.
Example i use left/right to control volume fullscreen video screen.
piipes

Postby ldd1987 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:37 am

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone still uses the PS3 remote with windows 8.1 64 bit?

I wanted to know if there was a final solution to the sleep problem? Do you run the ps3sleep program or is the sleep mode built into the plugin?

Also which version is the final version? I have seen 4.0.5 but is it compatible with the Microsoft bt stack?
ldd1987

Postby gechu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Works fine with Windows 8.1 x64, also got it working in Windows Server 2012 R2 using a modified Toshiba stack since that edition has no bluetooth support out of the box.

The power saving function built into the plugin requires a very old bluetooth stack from Broadcom which I actually managed to install in Windows 8 x64 but resetting (disable & enable) the remote using a command line tool (devcon) works well most of the time. Just let me know if you need configuration samples. This method is compliant with the Microsoft bt stack.
gechu
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support