PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Remote

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Remote

Postby ldd1987 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 am

The power saving function works but is very unreliable. Sometimes the remote responds instantly while sometimes it doesn't reconnect.

Configuration samples would be great! I even considered disabling sleep mode because I don't mind swapping out the batteries, but I would prefer to use devcon.
ldd1987

Postby gechu » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:46 am

If the devcon command is ran directly from a batch file you´ll get a quick flashing window of the command prompt @ execution. A workaround is to wrap the batch file with a vbscript which sets the window not to be shown. So below you´ll get three different configuration samples:

Eventghost: timer and invocation of sleep
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1669">
    <Macro Name='Set "Save power" sleep timer' Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="PS3.Button.*" />
        <Action>
            Timer.TimerAction(u'trigger PS3 remote sleep', 0, 1, 100.0, u'PS3.Sleep', False, True, 1, u'00:00:00')
        </Action>
    </Macro>
   <Macro Name="Save power" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="PS3.Sleep" />
        <Action Name="Start Program: wscript.exe">
            System.Execute(u'C:\\Windows\\System32\\wscript.exe', u'"c:\\Program Files Portable\\.config\\PS3 remote\\disconnect PS3 remote.vbs"', 3, False, 2, u'', False, False)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

VB script wrapper (C:\Program Files Portable\.config\PS3 remote\disconnect PS3 remote.vbs)
set shell=CreateObject("Shell.Application")
shell.ShellExecute "PS3 Snooze Mode.bat",,"c:\Program Files Portable\.config\DevCon\", "runas", 0
set shell=nothing

devcon command (C:\Program Files Portable\.config\DevCon\PS3 Snooze Mode.bat)
@echo off
"C:\Program Files Portable\devcon.exe" disable BTHENUM\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}*
"C:\Program Files Portable\devcon.exe" enable BTHENUM\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}*

Personally I really like to control my HTPC through eventghost but was also bugged by this power-saving problem. Then I found out that this PS3 plugin can easily be modified to support the Logitech Smart Control. I use the very basic version of the Logitech remote without display but the remote is really solid. In this configuration, the Logitech "hub" (small top-set box looking appliance which handles remote communication) acts as the PS3 bluetooth remote, and since it is always connected to a power cord no need for the power saving feature. Communication between the Logitech remote and hub is handled by RF hence no line of sight is required.
gechu
Experienced User

Postby yukky » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 am

Has anyone given this remote, Universal Media Remote for PlayStation 4, a try?

It looks similar to the PS3 v2 Universal remote, but is developed by a third party, PDP.

So far, I haven't found anyone attempting to use this device with Windows, but maybe it won't have the unpairing problem that the PS3 v2 does?
yukky

Postby gechu » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 am

Haven´t tried it. In V2 of the PS3 remote some keys only send IR-signals which I believe was a a let down. This one seems to be able to control TVs etc as well, wonder, this time, if all keys are mapped to a bluetooth?
gechu
Experienced User

Postby SANGER_A2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:25 pm

So disconnecting the remote sends it into powersave mode (old and new version I assume); does it also go into powersave mode if you turn off the PC?

Thanks.
SANGER_A2

Postby compi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 pm

is it possible to pass the battery low message to Kodi ? if it's possible, how does it work?

thanks compi
compi

Postby kgschlosser » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:16 pm

you could use the battery low message in conjunction with the OSD feature to give you an overlay of the battery.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby gechu » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

You can publish "native" messages to the kodi gui using json rpc function accessible in eventghost from the xbmc2 plug-in.
gechu
Experienced User

Postby olurz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:56 am

Some BD remote dont have VID and PID, only productString = BD Remote Control. I add support for such remote in plugin.
Now for me work on Windows 10 with standard Microsoft drivers. But need some time for tests.

Does it exist any procedure for adding fixed or updated plugins? Or just put in on forum?
Attachments
PS3_4.0.5.zip
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
olurz

Postby Stevie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:54 am

Hello,

very old thread, but I like to use this remote control, which is left after my PS3 broke.
I am using Windows 10 64bit and like to control PowerDVD with the remote. But when I try to install this plugin it doesn't even show me the PS3 Remote or the Bluetooth Controller in the Settings Tab under devices. The devices are empty.
I have installed my Bluetooth controller as generic bluetooth device. I tried the Widcomm driver, which caused problems.
The PS3 remote is paired with Windows.

Any idea what I can try to make it work?

regards
Stevie

Postby kgschlosser » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:24 am

have you tried the attached plugin in the post above yours? only because you mention the use of the PS3 remote and that attached file is an altered version of the plugin to work with ps3 remotes
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Stevie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes, I tried this.
Stevie

Postby kgschlosser » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 pm

I wish I could help ya. I used to use the PS3 reote but due to the batteries only lasting 2 weeks i stopped using it. I don't think anyone ever overcame that problem.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Plugin Support