Media Player Classic

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Media Player Classic

Postby molitar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Well I have another action that swaps monitor and clicks for me. I use streaming for one to a smart TV for playing either audio or video in 2 different rooms. I have one video setup to send to the other TV witlessly. Works great with old plugin but I can not do that with the new one. So I have a wireless setup that allows me to control with Logitech Harmony remotes. So basically a single HTPC for two display devices :mrgreen:
molitar
Experienced User

Postby subman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Bug report and fix:
When using MPC-HC64 some functions don't work (e.g. GetWindowState, GetNowPlaying).
I tracked this down to the Find_MPC function having hard coded executable name (u'mpc-hc.exe').
If this is changed to None it works fine with either mpc-hc or mpc-hc64.

Code: Select all
def Find_MPC():
    mpchc = eg.WindowMatcher(
        None,
        None,
        u'MediaPlayerClassicW',
        None,
        None,
        None,
        True,
    )
    return mpchc()
subman

Postby Pako » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Thank you for the reminder !
Already some time ago I encountered this bug, but I forgot to commit a fixed version to the SVN repository.
Corrected version of the plugin you can download now.
Download link is located in the opening post of this topic.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby blaher » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:51 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or not, but are videos supposed to fire an event every second, or so, when they're playing?

Here's a pc of what I mean:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
blaher
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:22 am

blaher wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug, or not, but are videos supposed to fire an event every second, or so, when they're playing?
I do not know if this is a bug or a feature (probably it is the intention).
That is a question for the authors MPC-HC.
Plugin only receives events, that come from MPC-HC.
There is no polling.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby S-F » Sun May 31, 2015 9:14 pm

For some reason when I pause a X64 MPC-HC (latest available on their site) I can't play it again when this plugin is enabled. It just immediately pauses. I have selected to only use the same player. I have to stop the video and start over again. Everything works like normal once I disable the plugin. Is there something I'm missing? Apparently because other people seem to be able to get it working. :shock:

After it not working for so long I'm finally glad to see that there is someone working on it again! I had given up on it months ago. just checked today and saw new life!

@ Pako, Thank you so very much for your time, effort and expertise!
S-F

Postby S-F » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Does anyone have any idea why I'm experiencing this issue? I see this with both the X64 and X86 versions of MPC-HC. Just tried the X86 version and it pauses as soon as I hit play. Is there something obvious I'm missing? It's killing me that it works for other people!
S-F

Postby blaher » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:50 am

S-F wrote:Does anyone have any idea why I'm experiencing this issue? I see this with both the X64 and X86 versions of MPC-HC. Just tried the X86 version and it pauses as soon as I hit play. Is there something obvious I'm missing? It's killing me that it works for other people!

It works for me using MPC-HC x64 1.7.9
Attachments
5Capture.JPG
blaher
Experienced User

Postby Loosel » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:06 pm

I found an issue related to MPC's "Open a new player for each media file played" function. If this is selected in OptionsPlayerOpen options, then every time you start MPC, whether you run it through opening a file or simply opening the program itself, another instance of MPC will be run by EventGhost and the latter instance will be the one controlled by EventGhost (and in my case by my Xbox 360 controller), meaning that I have no remote control over my just-opened video. So every time I must close the first player and open my file in the second player if I want my remote control.

Thank you for this wonderful piece of software. Cheers!
Loosel

Postby blaher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:11 am

Loosel wrote:I found an issue related to MPC's "Open a new player for each media file played" function

You have to configure it like the picture in the post above yours, or look at config picture of the plugin here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=694&start=60#p26528
blaher
Experienced User

Postby Loosel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 pm

blaher wrote:
Loosel wrote:I found an issue related to MPC's "Open a new player for each media file played" function

You have to configure it like the picture in the post above yours, or look at config picture of the plugin here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=694&start=60#p26528

Oh sorry didn't know that was a requirement, thanks for pointing it out.
Loosel

Postby Foune » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Pako wrote:
blaher wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug, or not, but are videos supposed to fire an event every second, or so, when they're playing?
I do not know if this is a bug or a feature (probably it is the intention).
That is a question for the authors MPC-HC.
Plugin only receives events, that come from MPC-HC.
There is no polling.

Pako

Hello,

I would like to dig on this, current MPCHC events are rather "raw", what keywords should I use to find reference to this event service on the mpchc side?
Foune
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Foune wrote:I would like to dig on this, current MPCHC events are rather "raw", what keywords should I use to find reference to this event service on the mpchc side?
I am afraid that I do not know the answer.
You might try create a new ticket here.

Pako
You know flattr ? You can Image
Pako
Plugin Developer

OSD not displaying anything when using MPC-HC in fullscreen

Postby Snowbird » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I was trying to display some text with the OSD plugin while using MPC-HC in fullscreen mode, and unfortunately nothing is displaying ! If I put MPC-HC in window mode, the OSD works perfectly. Is it a limitation of the OSD plugin ? or am I doing something wrong ? If it's a limitation, does anybody know a workaround to display some text on top of a MPC-HC when in fullscreen mode ?

Thanks in advance.
Snowbird
Experienced User

Re: OSD not displaying anything when using MPC-HC in fullscr

Postby Snowbird » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:45 pm

OK, sorry guys, it was my fault !! :) In fact I had another program that was interfering with the OSD plugin :) I removed it and everything is fine now !

Now that I'm one step further, another problem raised, I would like to detect whether the MPC window is opened in : Normal/Minimized/Maximized/Fullscreen mode, I have found this python script here on this Forum (thank you by the way :) )
Code: Select all
from win32gui import GetWindowPlacement

#SW_SHOWNORMAL = 1
#SW_SHOWMINIMIZED = 2
#SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED = 3

FindWin = eg.WindowMatcher(None, None, u'MediaPlayerClassicW' , None, None, None, True, 0.0, 0)
hwnd = FindWin()
print hwnd

def GetWindowStatus(hwnd):
    showList  = (None, "Normal", "Minimized", "Maximized")
    placement = GetWindowPlacement(hwnd)
    #unrem the below line to display the placement values that you need for the if placement[4] line
    print placement

if placement[4] == (0, 0, 1280, 800):
        return "Fullscreen"
    else:
        return showList[placement[1]]

eg.globals.WindowsState = GetWindowStatus(hwnd[0])
print "Windows State = " + eg.globals.WindowsState

but it's not working well, let me explain a bit below.

When the MPC window is in : Normal mode
>> when I switch the window from Normal mode to Fullscreen mode
>> the script detects the change, and displays "Fullscreen"
>> this is the expected behavior, and that's good !

When the MPC window is in : Maximized mode
>> when I switch the window from Normal to Maximized mode, then from Maximized to Fullscreen mode
>> the script doesn't detect the change, it displays "Maximized" instead of "Fullscreen", after doing some research, I've found out that the placement[4] values weren't updated, in fact the values previously set by the Normal mode are kept, that's why the script doesn't detect the change, and doesn't display "Fullscreen"!
>> this is not the expected behaviour, and that's not good !

Anyone knows how to adjust the script above to make it work as I would like to ? I just want to make the difference between the Maximized mode, and the Fullscreen mode.

Thank you !!
Snowbird
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support