WIn 10 and serial plugin not working after computer wakeup

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
gurgek

WIn 10 and serial plugin not working after computer wakeup

Post by gurgek » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:46 am

Hi!
I control my tv and receiver with RS232 and everything has worked perfectly for years. Recently i updated to win 10 and all was good. But now get a error I don't understand.
Everything works fine if I restart EG but after I wake the computer from sleep the serial plugin stops working and gives the following error.
  • Serial Port #2: Write Data: \rMain.Volume+\r
    Error in Action: "Serial Port #2: Write Data: \rMain.Volume+\r"
    Traceback (most recent call last) (1700):
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionBase.py", line 170, in CallWrapper
    return self(*args)
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Serial\__init__.py", line 338, in __call__
    self.plugin.serial.write(str(data))
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\WinApi\serial\serialwin32.py", line 234, in write
    err, n = win32file.WriteFile(self.hComPort, s, self._overlappedWrite)
    error: (5, 'WriteFile', 'Access is denied.')
Device manager shows that the ports are available and working, and I have tried running with admin rights. I have also checked the file permissions on the files.

Does anyone have a idea on whats wrong?? I don´t want to downgrade just for this :(

THX

kerrfinlay

Re: WIn 10 and serial plugin not working after computer wake

Post by kerrfinlay » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:52 pm

HI did you manage to fix your issue ? i am having similar problems with event ghost not being able to see my serial ports,

eirik226
Experienced User

Re: WIn 10 and serial plugin not working after computer wake

Post by eirik226 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:56 pm

The error says:

Code: Select all

error: (5, 'WriteFile', 'Access is denied.')
So you have some permission problems somewhere - I am not sure what windows 10 did, but they did something with permissions - aka when you're on chrome for example I can't save a file directly to some parts of my C:\ drive.