BroadLink RM2/RM Bridge Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Dava

Re: BroadLink RM2/RM Bridge Plugin

Post by Dava » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:16 am

Hi,

If you just want to learn once and then only transmit in future, the RMs should work fine. I thought you also wanted to also use the RF remote to trigger EG events which is the part that won't work.

I would just check that the RF frequency of the remote is 315/433MHz which is what Broadlink claim, although all my kit is only 433MHz.

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 am

great, back to one of my original questions then; does this plugin work with the Broadlink RM3?

Dava

Post by Dava » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Yes, I have 2 and it works fine. It is really down to whether RM bridge works with them.... and it does.

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Dava, any plans for direct connection from windows?

Dava

Post by Dava » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Well, yes and no.

I did it and it works, imports rm bridge codes etc. But I never got it to a suitable point to post here as ISTR that I had UI issues. I still use the Android bridge as it has been vey reliable and much of my house relies on a working solution. I can no longer deal with the moaning when my better half has issues and don't have the time to support a plugin which I know is half baked.

If anyone would like to take it over I can dig out the code.

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Hello Dava, thanks for answearing me. I am sorry to bother you with this. I did mean to nag on you. I am really happy for the plugin you already made, I I am using it daily, hopefully someone with the knowlegde will try to do it one day. Thanks again.

Dava

Post by Dava » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:22 pm

No problem. I am glad that it works for you. I would have more incentive to finish the direct plugin if the bridge was rubbish but it seems rock soliid. I really just wanted to prove to myself that direct could work but after I did that, the work to finish the plugin was not worth it for the possible benefit... even for my own use.

My android box died at one point bit it was still much easier to temporarily replace it with an old phone than it was to finish the direct plugin.

Does anyone else notuce that the broadlinks seem to drop off the network occasionally and are unresponsive to pings?

They do seem to come back by themselves but only after an hour or so. This is noticed about once every 6 weeks for me with both pro and mini RMs.

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 pm

I've seem mine drop off a couple of times. I was hoping it was just teething issues as I'm still setting mine up (I'm in no hurry, its all just part of an elaborate setup to turn my amp on when I walk in my dining room… Cos its too far too walk to press the button :D

I'm installing the RM bridge on an android emulator ATM... Hoping it saves the need for a separate device.

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Hello, I am interested to know how it works for you with emulator. Do you want to share the emulator you use for the RM bridge?

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 pm

At this moment I can't get it working with any android device let alone in an emulator (an emulator will be problematic as I can't find a way to get it to take direct access to the network IP and port).

I can see the RMPRO on the network, but RM bridge won't detect it. If I enter details manually it says its not an RM2.

I'm wondering if the device I purchased isn't supported? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BroadLink-RM ... Sw08pauh7~

Dava

Post by Dava » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 am

Hi I brought a cheap one of eBay, advertised as an RMPro and having I real one, could see it was a fake. It had a QR on the bottom and had a completely separate app. It was wholly incompatible with the bridge. Maybe you got one of these? I would try it with the Broadlink Android/iOS app to confirm.

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 pm

seems to work with the app ok. do I need to do the smart hub setup for it to work? or is app and device enough?

Dava

Post by Dava » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 pm

I just set mine up for wifi with the native app then it worked with the bridge...

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:48 am

Unfortunately mine doesn't. I can't get it to work with the bridge. It does however work with the alternative RM Tasker Plugin app though, which has enabled the http access I needed.

I also got it work with an Android emulator. I used the nox emulator. This has a build in network bridge that solved the network access issues.

Setup all working well ATM. Just lots more configuration to optimise it all