SamsungSmartTV

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: SamsungSmartTV

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 pm

never said it was a good plugin.. :P just that it does support multiple devices. This was one of the first plugins i messed around with so it is something that I am sure needs a lot of improvement. One of the things being adding support for the H series TV's and newer. but also I was doing some reading and there has been work on getting things like the playing content as well as sources things of that nature. The whole command/response structure for this bit of it looks almost identical to the sony TV's. Not sure what the error is all about. But this is something that could use some updating and get it compatible with new TV's and build a table for the TV's as well.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Snowbird » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:48 am

Hi,

will this plugin work with model : UE40B7000WW or is it too old (B is for 2009) ? I tried it but it doesn't seem to work.
Snowbird
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:04 pm

i believe that C and above has the network control capabilities. or maybe with the B it does not have a network card included in it and you will need to add one. it's something like that.

if you do have a network card in the TV then it should work. you will need to make sure that you turn on the remote control features in the TV settings.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Snowbird » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:32 pm

The network interface (ethernet RJ45) is already embedded to the TV, I can access and read my files through the network with DLNA, I can ping my TV, so the network works. But I don't know where to enable the "remote control feature" in the settings, there is no such option. I have even accessed to the hidden service menu, there are tons of options but nothing about "remote control" :
https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu (method 1 worked for me)

After some diggings I came across this website : http://blog.quist.de/2011/02/remote-control-samsung-tv-with-android-phone/
where it's specified that the program SamyGo needs to be installed, I've tried to do so, but obviously it didn't work because my TV's firmware was not supported and I need to use FFB (Force Firmware Back) : https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2038
to revert to an older firmware that is supported...

it looks like it's only the beginning of the journey :)

If you have any tips or useful information, they are welcome :)
Snowbird
Experienced User

Postby Snowbird » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:40 pm

On more information, I only have 2 ports open, but unfortunately not the port 55000...

Code: Select all
52235/tcp open
52396/tcp open
Snowbird
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 pm

thats why i stated in the TV settings there is going to be some setting to turn it on. and it's named really weird if i remember correctly. It has been a while. let me go and check my H series this may give some insight as to what it would be aclled
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Plugin Support