Scheduler

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
krambriw
Plugin Developer

Scheduler

Post by krambriw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:15 pm

This plugin is intended to be used as a scheduler for planned time control of any kinds

[/quote]The vacation and empty house modes are useful when you need to have different behavior of your home automation when you have vacation or if you are away from your house (like a holiday stay elsewhere). To activate the different modes you can use python scripts that you can can trigger with suitable events. The python syntax looks like in the following example:

Code: Select all

#To set/unset vacation mode
eg.plugins.Scheduler.plugin.vacation_m = True
eg.plugins.Scheduler.plugin.vacation_m = False

Code: Select all

#To set/unset empty house mode
eg.plugins.Scheduler.plugin.emptyHouse_m = True
eg.plugins.Scheduler.plugin.emptyHouse_m = False
When set to vacation or empty house mode, the special day and time settings will be used instead of the normal Monday to Sunday settings

To upgrade, it is very important to follow the steps below in the specified order.

1) When EG is running current version, disable the Scheduler plugin and all Scheduler actions so that they all stops
- save and exit EG

2) Replace the current plugin files with the new files in the zip
- start EG again

3) Now configure the Scheduler plugin. When finished, click ok, then enable the plugin so that it starts.

4) Now for each action, configure each of them by opening them and clicking ok

5) Enable each of the actions

6) Open the settings for the plugin again and check that they are all running
- save the configuration

7) You are done!

General description

I have made, I hope, a useful little plugin if you need a scheduler.

First of all, all credits to Bartman, I have based it on code and structure from his Timer plugin.

With this plugin, You could for instance feed your fishes in the pond automatically (provided you have the machine for that purpose) or control automatically the motor heater of your car.

If you use radio controlled outlet switches, you could start to save all that standby energi your stuff is consuming today. Fantasy is free....

Some words about the settings as seen in the picture below:

The first 3 fields for scheduler and event names are rather obvious.

For each daytype you have 3 on and 3 off time settings. Write them in format "hhmm" like 1830. There are some error controls built in but if its 100% failsafe is left to be seen.

Then there are public holidays. You have fixed ones and you have variable ones (that changes every year). So this you need to maintain yearly.

The logic in handling of holidays is as follows
- if today is a normal weekday and tomorrow is a holiday, use time settings for Friday
- if today and tomorrow are holidays, use time settings for Saturday
- if today is a holiday and tomorrow normal weekday, use time settings for Sunday

Some devices, especially radio controlled (rf), needs sometimes the command to be repeated to be sure the on or off has been executed. The setting for this is called bursts, here you define how many "copies" of the event you like to create when turning on or off.

Some transmission devices also need a short delay between the transmissions. So there is also a setting for that.

Finally, you can decide if you like to have an entry printed in the log window for each loop execution.

Talking about log, in a separate directory, "Log", you find a logfile in html-format holding the on off actions.

To make things happen, just do as normal, finalize your settings, create an event with the same name in any macro together with actions.

Best regards, Walter
Image2.jpg
Last edited by krambriw on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:40 am, edited 9 times in total.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Re: Scheduler plugin

Post by krambriw » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:58 pm

Well, I was thinking about another feature I will need this summer so I added it....

There is now in addition a special "Vacation" daytype that you can use when the family is on vacation and the house anyway is empty.

If you check the checkbox for this alternative, every day will use the settings for "Vacation" until you uncheck it again.

Best regards, Walter
Attachments
Scheduler_19.04.2008.zip
(8.31 KiB) Downloaded 500 times

confirmator

Post by confirmator » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Pretty impressive plugin, Walter!
Would be very interesting to know what you use it for, especially during vacations.
I've been always a fan of home automation since I've seen Back to the Future :mrgreen:
Do you only automate the feeding of your fish or do you have some other fancy constructions for automation?

All jokes aside: I will give the plugin a try for some basic tasks, unfortunately I don't have any special hardware for home automation, yet.

Regards,
confirmator

CollinR
Experienced User

Post by CollinR » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Very nice Walter! There was a time when I needed this but I have since found some workaround and forgotten it. :oops: It's an excellent addition that I am sure I will need in the future.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi,

An updated version.

- Improved input control of time settings
- Possible to use synchronization (generate synch events also in between the actual time settings)
Attachments
Scheduler_26.04.2008.zip
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 482 times

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi,

Updated version with
- Bugfix in string conversion
- Added individual log files for each thread

BestR Walter

17.09.2008_Scheduler.zip
(9.34 KiB) Downloaded 458 times

ja71

Post by ja71 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:31 am

Hello,

I use the Suntracker with moving ghost, but I also need another plugin to make sure no lamps are still turned on at night. Can I use this plugin to just gererate OFF-events?

I can't use the synchronization feature in the Suntracker plugin because if I send several ON-events my dimmers will go crazy and they will start dim up/down waiting for another ON-event to lock the settings.

I would like to sent 10 loops of OFF-events at 0130 each night to all my lamps, but can I do this or must I combine each OFF-event with an ON-event first? Have tried but it seems to ignore my OFF-commands...

Any tips or can this be a new feature to this plugin?

Best regards
/Jorgen

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi,
I will look into this for the Scheduler plug-in

Also, could it be interesting to have individual settings for the "burst" for ON and OFF events?

I mean, for ON events you could have just one (or an odd number not to mess up the dimmers) and then 10 or more for the OFF event?

Best regards, Walter

ja71

Post by ja71 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Walter,

That would be perfect to be able to control the ON/OFF bursts separately. :D

...but also to be able to send OFF-events without having to use it in combination with the ON-command first...

Looking forward to the new version to come out :P

PS. This feature with ON/OFF separate burst controlling would also be great to have in the Suntracker plugin...

Best Regards
/Jorgen

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi, here is an updated version where you can set different number of bursts for ON/OFF events.
23.09.2008_Scheduler.zip
(9.08 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
You will have to delete and re-create the scheduler actions to use this version

The other thing (sending only OFF events) works for me :?:

See the pictures below

Best regards, Walter

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

ja71

Post by ja71 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks a lot! That was fast... Will try it ASAP... :D

Could you also add the separate ON/OFF-burst settings to the Suntracker (moving ghost) plugin? Copy-and-paste the code? :wink:

After that the Scheduler and SunTracker plugins works perfect for my needs.

Great job Walter!!! :P

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am

Hello,

I have made some modifications to this plugin

After using it for a while I become a bit irritated in the behaviour when I needed to make modifications to the settings

What I wanted to achieve was that whenever a setting is changed, the necessary part shall read this new data and use it. Basically for this to happen, a full or partial restart was necessary

Besides, I thought some of the settings should be "common" while others still should be "individual"

Therefore I have moved the following variables from the action settings to the plugin settings;

-Fixed and Variable Public Holidays
-Vacation mode

I have also changed the behaviour of some buttons...

If you click "Restart All" all defined actions will restart independently if they are running or not

If you make a change of the setting in the plug-in, all defined actions will also restart when you click "OK"

If you make a change of an action setting and/or you click the "OK" button, the action will restart

All was made with an effort to make it easier to use when changing any settings. Now the affected parts are automatically restarted if needed

If you migrate from previous version, you will unfortunately have to make the configuration again, there is no way I can figure out how to migrate the data. You will have to delete the actions as well as the plugin and start all over again :(

How to use: Download the attached zip-file and extract the included files to folder "plugins\Scheduler", restart EG and make the configuration

If you don't need or like these function changes, use the previous version

Best Regards, Walter

sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg
Attachments
Scheduler_26.01.2009.zip
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 pm

An updated version to overcome the problem I created in some PC's with the SpinNumCtrl....

Best regards, Walter
19.03.2009_Scheduler.zip
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 454 times

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:32 am

I have now updated the plug-in logging feature so that it works as follows

- if Vista log to a log file in %ALLUSERSPROFILE% / EventGhost / Log

- if NOT Vista log to a file in the location as it is defined today, Program / EventGhost / Log or Program Files / EventGhost / Log

Should be compatible with the previous version except for the location of the log file if you use Vista

I have made the same changes for the SunTracker

Best regards, Walter
16.04.2009_Scheduler.zip
(11.48 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

wmatreje

Post by wmatreje » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:33 pm

I've been trying the 3/19 release of the Scheduler Plugin for a few days now, running it under the Feb 20 release of EG via the file EventGhost_0.3.7.r851_Setup.exe, and I just cant seem to get it to work right. It seems to be issuing the "eventname on" event every minute at 0 seconds. I've set the desired event times in the Scheduler Plugin, but every minute at 0 seconds, the event occurs, and runs my macro to send some IR commands which do actually work.

Admittedly, I'm not an Event Ghost expert and maybe I set something up wrong. But everything else (iphone commands via Melloware client to EG to USB-UIRT to receiver) works A-OK.

Any ideas before I idle away some more hours running in circles?

-Wayne