FIND Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

FIND Plugin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:14 pm

FIND Plugin

New Version 0.3b Added On 12/1/2016

This plugin is for reporting data from the FIND app for android. The find app uses the WiFi at where ever you have set it up to pinpoint your devices location in a given space. and if you have the device in your possession that means to give your location in a given space. You can download the app from the play store.

the installation is simple. download the attached file. double click on the file and the plugin will automatically be installed

there are a couple of settings in the Plugin config dialog. some of these settings rquire information about your FIND setup. so make sure you download the FIND app and get that running before you install the Plugin.

if you have any issues or problems or errors please copy and paste any errors. and if you can duplicate the problem please give detailed steps on how to duplicate it

CHANGE LOG:

Added: User selection in the plugin configuration dialog, this will automatically populate if there has been a group name entered. if the group name is changed a button will become available to retrieve the list of users from the server. if the selected user list is left empty it will assume you want to poll for all users

Fixed: incorrect event generation when leaving a room.

Fixed: plugin was not able to retrieve more then one user before. now it can.

Fixed: Formatting issues in the plugin configuration dialog

Thanks again

K
Attachments
FIND.egplugin
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by kgschlosser on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Plugin
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

yokel22
Experienced User

Re: FIND Plugin

Post by yokel22 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39 pm

My bad, installed fine. Everything seems to be working properly for me.

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:58 am

I've been using FIND for a while now so I can help with setup if anyone need!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:13 pm

updated the plugin

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:38 am

Hi kgschlosser,

I have a request for you:
The plugin only works in combination with the cloud Service, right?
I installed the Server locally on my PC, can you add an Option to choose the Server?

Thank you!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:09 pm

working on that right now actually.

and a whole slew of other improvements.

I am changing one thing that is not going to function the same as before. so don't rely on this to much..

so right now if you wnted to you can access a user by typing
so say you have test user

eg.plugins.FIND.TestUser

it's going to be

eg.plugins.FIND.Users.TestUser

this is due to me making location objects

i will explain everything when i am done.. day or so.

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:16 pm

The app on android is currently bugged - if you press home button on your phone after you started tracking and then lock it, it will not report back.

If you leave the FIND screen up (Do not press home button) and then lock the screen the tracking works.

Room+ (if you buy the pro version) does not have this problem, I am not 100% sure about this, have not tried it myself.

So to get it working:

1. Start tracking on your phone
2. lock the phone WITHOUT pressing the home button first.

Phil
Experienced User

Post by Phil » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:57 pm

What is the FIND app? If I search for FIND on google apps it gives me all sorts of things. Maybe its not a UK thing?

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Code: Select all

Exception in thread FIND_Polling_Thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.pyc", line 484, in run
  File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\FIND\__init__.py", line 338, in RunPoll
    eg.PrintError(Text.pollError1 % httpError.reason)
AttributeError: 'HTTPError' object has no attribute 'reason'
Found a bug - no idea where it came from or what I did, just got this error in my log.

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Phil wrote:What is the FIND app? If I search for FIND on google apps it gives me all sorts of things. Maybe its not a UK thing?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.hcp.find

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 pm

I am not currently concerned about bugs in the current version.

I should be (hopefully) releasing a new version sometime today. massive number of added things. more then tripled the code.

don't count on the information below being correct.. it was a mere pass by glance kind of thing
as far as the find app bug with the locking from the home screen if you install the server locally you can start the tracking for a specific user. i think... it will start the tracking process on the device... this i am not 100% sure about tho... I really have not messed around with that end of it. but there is a track button located in the server when you select a specific user.

there will be support for running the server locally when i release the new version. but at the moment if you would like to run it if you open the plugin file __init__.py if you search the file for

ml.internalpositioning.com
you can change it to a local ip address i would use the replace feature of whatever program you are using to open the file

be sure to include the port so what you do the replacement with should look like this

192.168.1.1:8555
the port is given in the log window that appears when you run the FIND server. I am really hoping to get this bugger out today. all depends on how the initial debugging process goes. I am still coding bits of it. then i have all the typos and &$#@ ups and dumbass mistakes i made. and how long this takes really depends on how tired i was when i wrote specific pieces.. so it's probably pretty bad since i wrote the new version in less then 2 days LOL.

when running you guys are going to love it... because it will allow for soooooooo many additional features.

the information below is if you have a central cooling system
One i will be adding later on is the ability for you to specify specific location sizes. and the output of your AC in your home. the purpose for this is so it will do the number crunching and it will tell you how fast the temp will rise in the space due to the number of people inside the space and it will also tell you if the AC will not be able to keep up with the demand. and you can use the notification to send a text or e-mail and even set timers to shutdown the AC after a specific time and startup it up after a rest period. so it doesn't freeze up. or worse burn out. and also you can "take over" the thermostat controls. because there is not a thermostat for your ac in every room this can be really handy if for example the thermostat is in the hallway (like most houses) but everyone has gathered in some other room like the living room. by time the hallway heats up from air flows from the living room it will already be sweltering hot in the living room if you have say 25 people in there for a shindig. at that point it is already too late to try and cool the space.

of course everyone would have to have the FIND app installed. but i am sure at your shindig you would be telling every single person about it and showing them by having them install it on their devices LOL and putting down the poor blokes that have an i phone. because they are not allowed to access the wifi in this manner.. because apple doesn't want them to. I junk is more like it.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:45 am

ok folks. sorry the release is going to be delayed. it appears as tho the API is different when running a local FIND server. i just asked the dev of FIND if this is the case. so it's going to be a day or 2 (maybe longer) until he gets back to me.

If there is 2 sets of API is going to take a little bit longer because i will have to code in for the second set. But i am going to continue my debugging using the public server for now. and get all the kinks ironed out.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:36 pm

ok I heard back from the dev of FIND. the current downloadable version of the server does not share the same API or functions and features as the source on github. He is going to build and release this weekend. then i will have something to run through for isolating bugs. at the moment it seems to work ok with the public server so it should function the same. then i have to go through and add all the dialogs for all the Actions. so about another week. maybe less. sopposed to get some snow and that puts a stop to my daily activities and i will be able to dedicate more time to coding.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:35 am

Hi K, Any news on this topic?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:35 pm

yeah I got sidetracked...

:shock:

I was waiting for him to build a new release of the server. which i believe he has done and there has been sufficient time for him to get most of the kinks out..

I will pick back up and finish coding up the new version of the plugin that will allow for connecting to different servers.

give me some time i will start work in it in the next couple of days