TaskMonitorPlus plugin - v0.0.5

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: TaskMonitorPlus plugin - v0.0.5

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Sorry bout that. This is the command to use.

NirCMD\nircmd.exe win min ititle "EventGhost"
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Neytrino-OnLine » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 am

kgschlosser wrote:NirCMD\nircmd.exe win min ititle "EventGhost"

Yes, It works...

Now (when TMP finaly works for me), please show me how to use all data placed after process name?
TaskMonitorPlus.Activated.EventGhost <title='[EventGhost]', window_class=u'wxWindowNR',...>
kgschlosser, also you promised to show an example Find Window for YouTube (because I need to find out does YouTube is open inside of a macro)...
Sin©erely yours, Neytrino.
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:02 pm

not a problem this is an east thing to do now.

you will copy the code below and paste it into a python script action. and then place the event that takes place for the title change when you click on a different tab in your browser

Code: Select all
print eg.event.payload.title

and paste the title that prints out in the log when you change the tab to a youtube tab.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Neytrino-OnLine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am

kgschlosser, Ok, here it is:
A home automation guide to using Eventghost - YouTube - Mozilla Firefox

Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 am

ok so you are going to want to create a macro with a python script action in it. paste the code below into it. and add the title event for firefox as well. after the python script you will want to add whatever it is in the way of actions that you want to run if the title has youtube in it.

if 'YouTube' not in eg.event.payload.title:
    eg.StopMacro(ignoreReturn=True)

make a second macro with a python script and the code below in it add the same event. and after this event add the actions you want to run if the tab does not have YouTube in it.

if 'YouTube' in eg.event.payload.title:
    eg.StopMacro(ignoreReturn=True)
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 am

everything else at the moment is only going to be by use of python scripts. I am going to toss out an idea to boolean on how to make some actions that will simplify the use the payload.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Neytrino-OnLine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 am

And if I need to find out does YouTube is open (inside the macro)?
As I understand, I have to write something into a Window Name (in Find Window), but what syntax?
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:17 pm

no you don't need to find out if it exists. because if you are getting an event that is TaskMonitorPlus.firefox.TitleChanged it does exist there is no need to use the find window. and if in the title of firefox if it has YouTube in it then it will allow the first macro to continue. and if Youtube is not in the title then the second macro is allowed to continue

The only time you would use the find window is if there is a specific thing you wanted to do to the window. Basically almost all of the actions in the Window group make use of the unique identifier for the window so for them to work properly you will need to use the Find Window action before them.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Neytrino-OnLine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:50 pm

kgschlosser, with all my respect, I want to find out: does YouTube is open in time - when I push button on my remote... it was discussed there, but without example of syntax... When I have asked about they are you have told that you are busy over a plugin which will make it better, it is very useful too, but it does not that I need...
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 pm

ok so let me get a better understanding of what you want..

from what i have ascertained is that you want to perform specific actions when you change the web browser tab to youtube and to perform different actions if the browser tab changes from youtube to a different tab. Maybe i am misunderstanding. because what I have given you does this. it can be more refined. but we need to take it one step at a time. and you have to remember these added features do not come overnight either. there is writing the code. testing fixing more testing. a lot of time rewriting the whole thing to make it perform better. we don't get paid to do this work it is done in our spare time after we handle things in our lives. ya have to be just a wee bit more patient. Not to mention a little bit of a language barrier we have to work with which slows down the process as well.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Neytrino-OnLine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 am

kgschlosser wrote:from what i have ascertained is that you want to perform specific actions when you change the web browser tab to youtube and to perform different actions if the browser tab changes from youtube to a different tab.

No, I need different thing... I want to find the Firefox window and if the title is also contains "YouTube" - do something and if it isn't - macro will be stop by Find Window... This is all that I want.
I completely understand what does your example, and I think that it will be useful in some task, but it does something - when the window title changes, and I want to do something - when I push the remote button...

I am also very impressed with your work, it really cool and again - my respect is limitless... I understand that my English not so good, but I try so much to express my thoughts most simply...
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 am

what is the purpose for Find Window? to find the Firefox window?
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:19 am

Neytrino-OnLine wrote:No, I need different thing... I want to find the Firefox window and if the title is also contains "YouTube" - do something and if it isn't - macro will be stop by Find Window...

OK we can get this done without the use of Find Window. what we would need to do is to create a global to hold the firefox window information. and have it check that global to see what the title is. and then from there it will decide to continue the macro or not. But it would be helpful if you would tell me what is supposed to happen in the rest of the macro as this information is needed so I know what else has to be done.

Neytrino-OnLine wrote:I completely understand what does your example, and I think that it will be useful in some task, but it does something - when the window title changes, and I want to do something - when I push the remote button...

OK cool. But i do not understand what the remote button is for.

Neytrino-OnLine wrote:I am also very impressed with your work, it really cool and again - my respect is limitless...

TY very much. But it is not only me that is working on this. Please spread the compliments around it's what drives us to continue the work.

Neytrino-OnLine wrote: I understand that my English not so good, but I try so much to express my thoughts most simply...

I do understand this. and I am sorry for asking so many questions. but these are things i need to know to be able to provide you with the best solution that i can come up with. I am patient as long as you are as well. I know this is frustrating so one step at a time. i may not give a complete solution it might be in steps. first off to make sure things are working properly for each step and then I will bring them together. So step one is done. we know that we are able to have EG properly deal with window title changes. and that macro i set up for you can be as simple as adding a python command in each one of them that simply sets a variable true or false. that true of false would represent whether or not the firefox window has youtube in the title. then you can proceed to do whatever it is in your other macro and add another python script after the event checking to see if that global is true or false. and if it is false it will stop the macro.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Neytrino-OnLine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:14 am

kgschlosser,
But it would be helpful if you would tell me what is supposed to happen in the rest of the macro as this information is needed so I know what else has to be done.

Nothing special, I will just send to Firefox.exe hotkeys for YouTube (so I think using Find Window will be more simply)...

TY very much. But it is not only me that is working on this. Please spread the compliments around it's what drives us to continue the work.

Absolutely, all guys who does EG continue to live and be improved very very cool! I use EG so many years (since 2008 or 2009) and just don't know - what I would do without it...
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 am

well you can use the WindowInfo object that is returned as an object to send the keys also. You do not need to use Find Window for this specific task. If you give me a list of the key combinations and what thoes combinations do I can put something together for you pretty quickly.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support