PLEASE NOTE: Always take a copy of your local weather_conditions.py file before you upgrade if you have made any modifications to it and copy it back afterwards.
The plugin is now utilizing Weather.com to get current local weather conditions. To find your location ID, browse or search for your city from the Weather.com home page(http://weather.com) The weather ID is in the URL for the forecast page for that city. For example, if you search for New York, the forecast page for that city is http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/USNY0996:1:US. The location ID is USNY0996:1:US.
The vacation and empty house modes are useful when you need to have different behavior of your home automation when you have vacation or if you are away from your house (like a holiday stay elsewhere). To activate the different modes you can use python scripts that you can can trigger with suitable events. The python syntax looks like in the following example:
Code: Select all
#To set/unset vacation mode eg.plugins.Suntracker.plugin.vacation_m = True eg.plugins.Suntracker.plugin.vacation_m = False
Code: Select all
#To set/unset empty house mode eg.plugins.Suntracker.plugin.emptyHouse_m = True eg.plugins.Suntracker.plugin.emptyHouse_m = False
To upgrade, it is very important to follow the steps below in the specified order.
1) When EG is running current version, disable the SunTracker plugin and all SunTracker actions so that they all stops
- save and exit EG
2) Replace the current plugin files with the new files downloaded from the webserver (see link below)
- start EG again
3) Now configure the SunTracker plugin:
- accept or change the event prefix
- add your location ID from Weather.com
- check the boxes to select when the event shall happen
When finished, click ok, then enable the plugin so that it starts.
4) Now for each action, configure each of them by opening them and clicking ok
5) Enable each of the actions
6) Open the settings for the plugin again and check that they are all running
- save the configuration
7) You are done!