New version 0.5.0-rc3 is out

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: New version 0.5.0-rc3 is out

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 pm

what is this program Ptedit51.exe?

and is it something that is an application. or a run once and is done very quickly?
if it is an application that is going to run for longer then 5 seconds then make sure you have Wait until it finishes unchecked.

But also you can do this very simply without the need to trigger another event. to make it far easier to deal with and to narrow down where a potential issue could be I would like you to make a macro with the Python Script action in it. and paste the code below into it. once that is done then i will need you to put the System.Attached event into it.

Code: Select all

if eg.event.payload[0] == '\\\\?\\USB#VID_04F9&PID_2041#K1G711347#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}':
    eg.plugins.System.Execute('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Brother\\Ptedit51\\Ptedit51.exe', '', 0, False, 2, '', False, False, '', False, False, False, False)
and lets see if there is still an issue after that
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

topix
Experienced User

Post by topix » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 pm

@K: hah, i was faster :P

Ptedit51.exe is a editor for creating labels with Brother P-Touch Labelprinter.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 am

yeah yeah. I was busy keying out instructions on how to set permissions for WMI

But actually it has absolutely nothing to do with special characters.. it has all to do with he is trying to concatenate a python list to a string. now that will not work. I am thinking if he removes the []'s from the event that is in the macro that triggers the PTouch and in the macro that converts the System.Attached instead of entering{eg.event.payload} he enters {eg.event.payload[0]} in the trigger event action this would most likely solve the issue.

or simply change the {eg.event.payload} in the trigger event action to {str(eg.event.payload)} that will work as well.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image