I did it!!!

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
Diz
Experienced User

Re: I did it!!!

Post by Diz » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:45 am

More? There isn't any more! That was the whole log... I didn't remove anything

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 am

and that was when it locked up???
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:32 pm

yeah... there is no log after pc wakes as you can see by the timestamps... im guessing because eg already had already crashed before pc went to sleep

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm

And if EG is not running and the computer goes to sleep you do not have a crash?

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:27 am

are you really asking me that? wtf man! how stupid do you think i am?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:07 am

Ya want to know how many people have stated their was a bug or an issue when they actually never tried to not use EG. and then it still happened??? Way to many for me to not ask. I am in no way implying that you are stupid. I am just confirming that you did in fact actually try having the computer sleep without EG running (more then one time) and the computer did not lock up.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:15 am

it could be a plugin that is not liking something.. have you tried loading EG with a completely empty tree?. You will have to create a new tree. save the tree. then restart EG, this is the only way to be 100% sure that no plugins are loaded.

I also changed the eg.TriggerEventWait. this could be causing the issue.

There are a bunch of things that it could potentially be. I need to try and narrow it down to know where to look. otherwise it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack without any errors being logged.

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:32 am

like i said in my original post this has NEVER happened until these current wip versions... obviously that includes without eg at all! my tree/plugins havent changed and everything is still working 100% right now with rc4

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:14 am

Diz wrote:obviously that includes without eg at all!
No, that is not obvious

Unless it has been specifically stated that is has been tried. then I do not know and I am going to ask if it has been. In the world of solving problem you never assume anything

as·sume
əˈso͞om/
verb
verb: assume; 3rd person present: assumes; past tense: assumed; past participle: assumed; gerund or present participle: assuming

suppose to be the case, without proof.
"you're afraid of what people are going to assume about me"
synonyms: presume, suppose, take it (as given), take for granted, take as read, conjecture, surmise, conclude, deduce, infer, reckon, reason, think, fancy, believe, understand, gather, figure
"I assumed he wanted me to keep the book"
take or begin to have (power or responsibility).
"he assumed full responsibility for all organizational work"
synonyms: accept, shoulder, bear, undertake, take on/up, manage, handle, deal with
"they are to assume more responsibility"
The mother of all fuck ups

So i do not assume to know what you have or have not tried. if you have not told me that it has been tried or done I am going to ask you if you have or if you can do it..

When one trouble shoots a problem you go down the list. even the so called "obvious" questions are asked to make sure it has been done/tried.

I do appreciate the help but I am in no way trying to offend you in any manner. nor do I think you to be sub par in aptitude or knowledge. There is no reason for you to get your panties in a bunch over a simple question that is for the mere benefit of my knowledge of what has and has not been tried. It is always the most difficult problems that are usually solved by the one thing that was over looked. so give me a break here. I am trying to make this thing work for the benefit of everyone including yourself. This is now the second time you have made that exact same comment about what you think my thoughts are. And in both cases you are wrong. I am trying to help and this kind of thought process you are having is counter productive. and Instead of trying to solve the issue I am now here typing this really stupid message.

And since you feel the need to get mad when I ask a simple question to get better clarification to verify that something was done. or to make sure you understand how something functions/works. I will no longer try to assist you with any issue you have with EventGhost or any other problem for that matter. As i do not want to make the mistake of making you feel "stupid" or get you upset again. You snapped at me once using the exact same words when i was trying to help. this is the second time. There will not be a third.

I am not going to waste another piece of my really short existence in this world helping someone that doesn't seem to grasp that I am helping you... Would you go and get upset at the tow truck driver if he asked you if you tried to start you car after it stalled.. ya know what would happen if ya did?.. you would be left standing there. well guess what's happening???....

I am sorry that you have some kind of an issue with the way i go about questioning down a problem.
I am sorry if it in some way makes you feel stupid.

I am not sorry for no longer wanting to spend a single minute more helping someone that seems to lack understanding of how to treat the person that is doing their best to help.

***EDIT***

I want to apologize to the bystanders that are reading this. What i do to help comes free of charge. I will work my hardest to help solve any issues that come up.. but I will not be mistreated in any kind of a manner. I put my pants on the same way as almost everyone else. One leg at a time. I am human. I do fault. Getting upset or angry at me is not going to make me want to jump right up and help. I want to let everyone know this. Tell me I screwed up, that's fine... critique me, that's fine... call me a ding dong, a dum dum or a ho ho, that's cool too...get mad at me and upset with me because I am helping in a manner in which you do not approve, not so much... simply send me a PM and send me a little message telling me that you have super computing brain power and that you can process all of the techie lingo and jargon. and guess what.. I will no longer do the, "have you...", "try this...", "do this..." process. there are people out there that simply do not know what a menu drop down is or a context menu. and it would be very wrong of me to talk over someones head. so the typical approach is keep the geek speak turned off until other wise informed that you are ok to use it. My intentions are not to make someone feel that they are any less smart. shit for all i know it could be the next Einstein i am typing to... Ya never know who it is you are typing to. so instead of scaring off a user asking for help because they do not want to ask.. what do you mean? or how do you do that? because that truly does make a person feel less intelligent. better to go the other way and if the person you are typing to is the next Einstein, he/she will say hey ding dong.. speed it up here. I have super computing powers!!!

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:46 pm

now whos panties are in a bunch?

and here i thought i was (trying) to help you iron out some bugs!

and exactly what part of 'NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE' is so difficult to grasp?

so anyway i guess i will stick with rc4 that works fine

piert
Experienced User

Post by piert » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:06 pm

I would have to agree with KG on this one.
If you think your single-sentence-post "are you really asking me that? wtf man! how stupid do you think i am?" is normal conversation, think again.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:00 am

my panties aren't in a bunch at all.

I simply wanted to make sure no one reading this thread would question as to why i made this decision. including yourself.

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:39 pm

@ piert

it wasnt supposed to be 'normal conversation'... was supposed to convey my annoyance at being treated like a moron! which it did very well... clearly!

piert
Experienced User

Post by piert » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:05 pm

It would have been wiser had you used more polite language in spite of how you felt.
In general, it gets you (and others around you) further if you keep negative emotions away from your conversations.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:22 am

piert wrote:I would have to agree with KG on this one.
If you think your single-sentence-post "are you really asking me that? wtf man! how stupid do you think i am?" is normal conversation, think again.
Yup.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.