Sending strings to a webserver

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
yokel22
Experienced User

Re: Sending strings to a webserver

Post by yokel22 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 pm

You make any progress on this? I think i'll install wmc on my server. Most of my video content is streamed via cloud these days. It'd be nice to be able to record OTA stuff occasionally. I know that are some good dev's out there trying to keep it alive. Like KG said though, they should just release the source code for the backend dvr service. That was the only thing really good about it. I used the RecordedTVHD plugin to make the frontend tolerable.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:39 am

Honestly, as far as I can tell it all works. I'm able to send commands and I get a constant flow of log data including file names. I'll post a link for the win7 MSI tomorrow. I haven't tested ALL the commands via eventghost or the web page but i would say fire it up and give it a go. I'll post some links and any special instructions tomorow when I'm in front of my PC

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:17 am

Here is a link for 32 and 64 bit MSIs, along with the EG Plugin. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rtM6W ... nxVl3evOXW I also have the source for those if need be. I placed an action to connect to the listening, and sending ports of VMC controller when EG starts. I haven't started using this everyday because I don't have a need for it just yet but I haven't found any major issues with it either.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:27 pm

link is no good
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:17 am

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... nxVl3evOXW

Alright, hopefully that one is right

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:29 am

I am not exactly sure how that plugin ever ran. the indenting was all kinds of screwed up.
I also converted the code to work with python 3 as well as made some alterations to how the actions were handled. there will no longer be a 2 second reconnect wait that ties up the event thread. and it will queue any actions that are made in succession if one is processing a reconnect.
I also did some code cleanup and reformatting.
Attachments
VMCControl-0.5.6.egplugin
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:34 pm

VMC Controller will generate log events but MCE Popups combined with Eventghost lets you create dialog boxes in WMC, and fire macros based on custom user built responses. MCE Popups was originally designed to run along side a skype python script that monitored skype for incoming calls. The script monitored for calls, and passed call information to WMC via MCE Popups, which was responsible for displaying call information, and giving the user a choice of actions for the call. But MCE Popups isn't limted to just skype because as long as you know how to talk the webserver MCE Popups creates, and format the strings (Which are really simple) then you can use it for other tasks. Essentially MCE Popups allows you to control a two way converstaion between eventghost, and WMC.

Here is a link to download MCE Popups https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JzHHP ... kPU4BGmQ3Z
Here is a link to The TGB thread about it https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vi ... 77#p128977