Meedio

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
jorel1969
Plugin Developer

Meedio

Post by jorel1969 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:35 am

I've written a plugin for Eventghost which allows you to control Meedio via SendMessage. How can I share this? I'm quite new here.

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Post by Bitmonster » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:02 am

Sadly the forum doesn't support attachments yet, but you have two alternatives:

1. Send me your plugin through email.

2. Post your code in the forum between tags.

jorel1969
Plugin Developer

Post by jorel1969 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:56 am

Just sent you the plugin via email. Thanks

kricker
Experienced User

Re: Meedio

Post by kricker » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:31 am

The Meedio plugin has two down commands and no focus command.

eruji

Post by eruji » Thu May 15, 2008 7:57 pm

how do i add custom commands that i create in meedio to this plugin.

i created a goto_importer jump target that will take me to my importer module.

now im trying to add this to the list of commands in the event ghost plugin. So i just copied an existing command and modified it to my command number (500) and when i try to start event ghost it gives an error on the meedio plugin.

do i have to modify the _init.pyc file to make this work.. or better yet, can i just use the Send Message action? i dont know how to make it work.

topix
Experienced User

Post by topix » Fri May 16, 2008 7:32 am

Did you add a line with self.AddAction? Are the indents correct? (tab/spaces).
Try the attached file, i added the command and don't get an error when loading the plugin.
Attachments
__init__.py
(8.1 KiB) Downloaded 468 times

eruji

Post by eruji » Fri May 16, 2008 3:38 pm

yup i thought i did the same as you did. Yours works for me too, i guess i messed up on the formatting.. i tried it twice with no luck.

Thanks for taking the time to work this out Topix...

korben

Post by korben » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:19 am

Apologies for a possible stupid question, but I'm brand new to Eventghost. What input mechanism do you use to control Meedio?

I am trying to set up a Meedio/SageTV integration which I want to control with my Hauppauge remote, but although I have added all three plugins to EG, my remote does not respond at all.

Thanks,
K

kricker
Experienced User

Post by kricker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:12 am

Adding the plugins is not enough. You then have to setup what each button does for each program. Go to the wiki and study it for a bit. It should click for you after looking over that and realizing one key thing: The log is your friend. It shows everything EventGhost sees (turn off the "log only assigned and activated events" at the bottom of the log when setting up EventGhost). If it recognizes your remote driver, when you press a button you will see the code show up in the log. You then drag those "event" codes over to the proper macro within the proper folder within the context folder. Do this for each button on your remote for each application you want to setup. When you add the application plugins the first time, it should have given you a chance to create a pre-setup folder for itself. You should have placed each of them in the context folder.

Also add the plugin "Task Create/Switch Events" to create macros that switch context folder based on the app that is running.
  • Make a new macro in the root of your configuration, and choose the "Exclusive enable a folder/macro".
    When the next dialog pops up, choose the appropriate application folder within the context folder.

Leave EvenGhost open and launch the program you are setting up. Look for the Task.Created.xxxx and Task.Activated.xxxx "events" in the log. Drag those over from the log to the "Enable exclusive:xxxx" macro you just made. Make sure you put those events ABOVE the enable exclusive:xxxx action. (I grab both of those events because it switches the mode when the app is created or when switch to from another app using the alt-tab or another fancy EvenGhost macro)
Make a macro like the above for each app you want to control, just make sure with each one you select the proper folder within the context folder.

mojo_lo

Post by mojo_lo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:55 am

perfect explanation - just what i was looking for.

the more i learn about eventghost, the more i'm amazed :)

korben

Post by korben » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Got it working perfectly, thanks kricker.

kricker
Experienced User

Post by kricker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Glad to hear it.

korben

Post by korben » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Kricker, have you been able to add functions not originally included in the Meedio file?

Stop, Channel Up and Channel Down are the ones I'm looking for most.

kricker
Experienced User

Post by kricker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:50 pm

If they are not included in the plugin, then just use the keyboard equivalent.

topix
Experienced User

Post by topix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Stop, Channel Up and Channel Down should be included in Meedio and EventGhost. Have a look at Meedio-Configuration on the Input-Tab. Commands 7&8 are ChannelUp&Down, 27 is Stop. In Eventghost add macros from Meedio-plugin (ChannelUp,ChannelDn,Stop).
Do you have the latest version of EventGhost? => http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/