Telldus TellStick

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Telldus TellStick

Postby micke.prag » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:54 pm

We have made a plugin for Telldus TellStick.

Telldus Tellstick is a usb-dongle that allows you to control numerous wireless receivers available in europe. Would you be interested in including it in the EventGhost-distribution?

You can find the source here:
http://download.telldus.se/TellStick/So ... -0.1.1.zip

Micke Prag
http://www.telldus.se

I'm sorry that the page is not 100% translated into English yet.
micke.prag
Plugin Developer

Re: Plugin for Telldus TellStick

Postby Bitmonster » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:01 pm

Ok, it will be included in the next beta. Since the code basically wraps your DLL, I guess it will not need to be updated very often. Otherwise I could give you SVN access to allow direct updates in the trunk.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Postby micke.prag » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:45 pm

Since new features might be added in the dll, a svn account whould be great!

Btw, I love Eventghost. Been trying to do a plugin for Girder for month now. For Eventghost it only took a day...
micke.prag
Plugin Developer

Postby Bitmonster » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 am

I've just sent you the SVN login details by PM.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: Telldus TellStick

Postby riro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Made a small hack to make it work with 0.3.6.1476

Code: Select all
    def Configure(self, device=0):
        dialog = eg.ConfigPanel(self)
#        dialog = eg.ConfigurationDialog(self)
        deviceList = []
        numDevices = self.plugin.dll.devGetNumberOfDevices()
        selected = 0
        for i in range(numDevices):
            id = self.plugin.dll.devGetDeviceId(i)
            name = (c_char_p(self.plugin.dll.devGetName(id))).value
            if (id == device):
                selected = i
            deviceList.append(name)
        deviceCtrl = wx.Choice(dialog, -1, choices=deviceList)
        deviceCtrl.Select(selected)
        dialog.sizer.Add(
            wx.StaticText(dialog, -1, "Device:"),
            wx.ALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL
        )
        dialog.sizer.Add(deviceCtrl, 0, wx.ALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL)

#        if dialog.AffirmedShowModal():
#            return (self.plugin.dll.devGetDeviceId(deviceCtrl.GetSelection()), )

while dialog.Affirmed():
            dialog.SetResult(self.plugin.dll.devGetDeviceId(deviceCtrl.GetSelection()))
riro

Postby zeeke » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm having some problems with the waveman dimming with this plugin. Is there some way to support that in eventghost?
HTPC:Silverstone LC16M | E7200 | Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H | Corsair 2GB 6400CL4 | Hauppauge HVR930C |
Server: Antec P180m | X6800 | XFX GF7100 | Corsair 4GB 6400CL5 | 3TB |
Stuff: LG 50PS3000 | Sanyo Z3 | Marantz SR7200 | B&W 683, B&W HTM61 | PS3 |
zeeke

Postby mikkokh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm

This is not new news, but by some reason, DLL file TellUsbD101.dll is dropped out from TelldusCenter v2.1 and newer installation ( http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1402 ). Problem is that current EventGhost plugin still needs it to be in system.

Is there any possibly to get new version from this plugin that will not need this DLL? At now, I need to copy TellUsbD101.dll from my old Windows instalation ( \Windows\SysWOW64\TellUsbD101.dll ) to my new Windows installation to get EventGhost work with newer versions of TelldusCenter.
Win 7 Pro 64bit (SP1) / Win 10 Pro 64bit running on Asus M5A97 R2.0 (16GB DDR3-SDRAM) with AMD FX-8300.
Win 7 Home Pemium 64bit (SP1) / Win 10 Pro 64bit running on Asus K73TK (8GB DDR3-SDRAM) with AMD A6-3420M.
mikkokh

Postby krambriw » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Yes, that is an old version that never got updated. Instead I continued the development

Use this newer version instead (provided you have the TellStick Classic)
http://sto.hopto.org/Release/TellStickClassic/

If you have the TellStickDuo, use this plugin
http://sto.hopto.org/Release/TellStickDuo/
My latest plugins
http://plugins.krambriw.net/index.html

Two men in front of a huge excavator...
- that beast steels work from 100 men with shovels
- well, a 1000 men could do the same using teaspoons
krambriw
Plugin Developer

Postby mikkokh » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks!

Your TellStickClassic plugin seems to work nice.
It should to be included to coming EventGhost installers, because original version is out of date, like we know.

Still, I would have some additional feature requests for your plugin:
- After some testing, I have noticed that there is now internal re-try counter (nice add!). Still, it would be nice to get also boolean return value when using transmitting action. That would indicate if transmit has been succeed or not. At now, I go around this with some extra scripting: Set eg.result to True before transmit action. If value has remain as True after transmit action, there has been transmitting error.
- TeldusCenter keeps to track current state of each remote receivers, so I would also suggest that there would be command to receive those states from it. That, and possibility to toggle device states with your plugin would be definitely ease creating handy macros to automate all TellStick controlled devices with EventGhost.
Win 7 Pro 64bit (SP1) / Win 10 Pro 64bit running on Asus M5A97 R2.0 (16GB DDR3-SDRAM) with AMD FX-8300.
Win 7 Home Pemium 64bit (SP1) / Win 10 Pro 64bit running on Asus K73TK (8GB DDR3-SDRAM) with AMD A6-3420M.
mikkokh

Postby krambriw » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:11 am

Hello Mikkokh,

I understand you have a TellStick Classic? I think the plugin for TellStickDuo will work with it as well, anyway worth trying. Even if the TellStick Classic can only send, I think the plugin will give you what you wish
- you will receive events from Telldus Center if a lamp state is changed (via a remote or app etc)
- there is an action included to toggle device state

So I think we would only need to keep one plugin for the future but because legacy history, everything started with the classic long before the duo was available...

Only missing....and I have been waiting for years...would be to have compatible local access to the NET version but it seems not to be happening

Still, it would be nice to get also boolean return value when using transmitting action

I can look into this and add it but I wait until you confirm that you can use the TellStickDuo plugin also for the classic, then I can reduce my effort

Best regards
My latest plugins

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Postby mikkokh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:25 am

Hi.

Yes, I tested your TellStickClassic plugin, because I have only regular TellStick device (Model: TS001).

Device seems to work with TellStickDuo plugin also... Turn off, Turn on and Toggle on/off works like them should... Toggle on/off will notice current state of remote device in TelldusCenter, like you mentioned, but possibly to read that state form TelldusCenter to variable is missing... That would be handy to found also.
mikkokh

Postby krambriw » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Still, it would be nice to get also boolean return value when using transmitting action

Unfortunately this is a heavy re-work, it is needed in many places in the code. I have to feel good one day and then it might be happening. Until then, I suggest you keep your work-around
My latest plugins

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Return to Plugin Support