Desktop Remote

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Desktop Remote

Postby Bitmonster » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 pm

The latest beta includes the Desktop Remote plugin. It allows you to create a remote like window, that you can use to generate events with your mouse. To set it up you have to add the Desktop Remote plugin to your configuration of course. Then you have to create a new macro with a "Create New Remote" action first. After that you configure the button layout with "Add Button" and "Start New Line" actions. Finally you have to add a "Show" action to the macro and let the macro execute. I have attached an example, that looks quite similar to the Webserver example. This is the first release and the dialogs need some work. Otherwise it seems quite functional yet.
Attachments
Desktop Remote.xml
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 1503 times
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (8.47 KiB) Viewed 23468 times
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: A new toy: the Desktop Remote plugin

Postby Pako » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:45 am

Very use toy !
EventGhost is perfect.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby thejipster » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:40 am

Cool plugin. I am a bit confused on what I should put in the Event textbox to have it fire up an event saved witin a Context Folder.

Thanks
J
thejipster

Postby thejipster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:08 am

Figured it out. I made an exclusive when this macro is run to a context folder and the Event names are simply names associated w/ each macro within the context folder.

Sweet plug in.!!! Exactly what I was looking for.
thejipster

Postby Bartman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:26 pm

How do a close the Desktop Remote?
Bartman
Plugin Developer

Postby Pako » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:23 pm

Bartman wrote:How do a close the Desktop Remote?

Python script:
Code: Select all
eg.plugins.Window.FindWindow(None, u'Remote', u'wxWindowClassNR', None, None, 1, False, 0.0, 0)
eg.plugins.Window.Close()
Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby Bartman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:52 am

manuelly typing the names in the findWindow dialog also works. You just can't choose EG's windows.

Sometimes the buttons don't come up again and stay pressed.
I also would like to move the remote to negative screen coordinates and a secondary display.
Bartman
Plugin Developer

Postby Bitmonster » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:52 am

=> 1148
+ Close action
+ negative positions

The clamping buttons: have you enabled the memory limit function in EG options?
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: Desktop Remote

Postby Bartman » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Currently I don't have any problems with clamping buttons, but I disabled the memory limit function since memory propably won't be an issue.
Isn't this feature only for administrator users?

But I have another issue. Double clicking on empty area (filled with invisible buttons as spacer) minmizes the remote. Holding down and moving the cursor moves the windows. Both happen quite often using a touchpad.
Is there a way to disable the taskbar entry?
Bartman
Plugin Developer

Postby Bitmonster » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:34 pm

Bartman wrote:But I have another issue. Double clicking on empty area (filled with invisible buttons as spacer) minmizes the remote. Holding down and moving the cursor moves the windows. Both happen quite often using a touchpad.
Is there a way to disable the taskbar entry?

This is intentional. I use the remote without border and caption, so there is no common way to move the remote around or minimize it quickly. And if minimized or covered by another window, there is no way to get it back without the taskbar entry. But I can create an option to disable this.
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Postby Bartman » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:44 pm

Bitmonster wrote:This is intentional. I use the remote without border and caption, so there is no common way to move the remote around or minimize it quickly. And if minimized or covered by another window, there is no way to get it back without the taskbar entry. But I can create an option to disable this.

I would like such an option. When using it on a touchpad and not looking where I touch it happens quite frequently.
Bartman
Plugin Developer

Postby bolets » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:44 pm

is it possible to have it "stay on top"?
bolets

Postby Creops » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 pm

I have two monitors, one is touchsensitive and I want to use the Desktop Remote on that to control the PC and other stuff then I'm playing games.
And the control bit goes well, but every time I click on one of the buttons the Remote gets in focus and I get tabbed out of the game.

Are there any way to have the buttons activate but stop the window from getting in focus?
Creops

Return to Plugin Support