Tira

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Tira

Post by Bitmonster » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:36 am

Post your questions and comments for the Tira plugin here.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!

tentree

Resume from Standby for Tira-2

Post by tentree » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:36 am

Is it possible to get a computer out of standby (ACPI state S3) using EventGhost with a Tira-2?

The following post describes how to do it with Girder but I don't see anything comparable with EventGhost's Tira plugin.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/archive/ ... -6004.html

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: Resume from Standby for Tira-2

Post by Bitmonster » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:34 am

The API of the Tira doesn't allow this from a plugin. But you can try the "Ira-3 Configuration Utility" from this page:
http://www.home-electro.com/support.php#Downloads
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!

cncb

Re: Lockups

Post by cncb » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

I am trying to use my Tira IR receiver with a wireless remote control extender to control my PC from a different room. It works fine for several hours and then totally locks up unexpectedly. I am 100% sure that the Tira is causing the lockups because when I unplug the Tira the lockups go away and I also have tried it on different PCs, in Vista and Win7, using Eventghost and Girder and still get the lockups. I don't know if the remote control extender is causing the issues or not but maybe the Tira is getting overloaded somehow?? I have the latest drivers for the Tira. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sega

Re: Tira

Post by Sega » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm using TIRA and when I enable the tira plugin the processor load increases and stays high.
The load is not directly coming from the EventGhost but through DPC (Deffered Procedure Calls) part of the system processes.

If the plugin is not enabled the proc load comes immediately down to about 3-4%.
If the plugin is enabled it fluctuates between 40 to 60%.

Any suggestion?

Suchetan

Post by Suchetan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:38 pm

How do I set up Tira to work with Eventghost?

smf007

Post by smf007 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 pm

I have the Tira plugin working for receiving using the latest eventghost on Windows 7 64bit. However, I am not able to learn commands.

I have noticed (while learning) if you keep pressing the remote button, eventually the Tira receiver starts registering button presses. At that point clicking cancel on the learning windows, results in a IR command being loaded. This "Learned" command does not work when clicking test.

Is there anything else I can provide to help determine why I can't learn IR commands?

gwww

Post by gwww » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:01 pm

I just received a Tira-2.1. For my Scientific Atlanta 8600 PVR remote I don't get consistent values when trying to learn a button. Below is what is shown in the log for three separate presses of the "1" button on the remote. What to trigger the event on?

First press of button "1" on remote...

Code: Select all

10:49:43   Tira.09A0F8B80226
10:49:43   Tira.09A0A8A80226
Second press of button "1" on remote...

10:49:48   Tira.09E0A8A80226
Third press of button "1" on remote...

10:49:51   Tira.09A0A9A80224
10:49:51   Tira.19E0F9F90724
Any ideas on what to try? Are the Tira drivers broken? Perhaps the plugin?

A couple of other notes. I have two of these remotes. They both give similar results. The button that is pressed does not seem to matter. Here is a link to the remote http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/u ... e=atlasdvr

I tried another remote (for a Samsung TV). It does not seem to exhibit this problem -- there is consistent values in the log for any button press on the Samsung TV remote.

kkl
Experienced User

Post by kkl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

There are two issues that I can think of. 1. The receiver is sensitive to how long you hold the button. You have to keep trying repeatedly until you get a repeating result. 2. Your remote might use a toggle bit, where it alternates two different IR signals for each button press. So, pressing "1" successively will give you the same code for press 1,3,5,7 etc. and a different code for press 2,4,6, etc. When this happens, you need to drag two triggers for each button to its macro.

Are you learning signals for blasting or just receiving them as a trigger? The procedures are different for each.

mmeasel

Post by mmeasel » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 pm

So I had to add a couple of lines to this to get it to leave modal after the learn function.

At the very bottom add these:

self.shouldRun = False
self.EndModal(wx.OK)

Guess I'm the only one in the world that has EG and a Tira-2. Anyway, works great after the changes. Thx Bitmonster.

medelay

Post by medelay » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Recently im having a lot of isues coneting the tira to my laptop.
When i connect it windows searches for the drivers and instals them fine.
Than when i try to load it in eventghost it gives me the error function tira_start failed.

it used to work fine on my laptop with minor issue's that could be resolved by restarting the computer or eventghost.
I also tried different ports on my pc didnt help me either. Im currently running on windows 7.
Any idea's how i could resolve this issue

Hellfire666

Post by Hellfire666 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:44 am

I have a Tira 2 and am trying to get my cable box remote setup so I can transmit from event ghost. I don't have any problems with other remotes, but I do with this one. It's the same issue mentioned above where it tends to be a different code every time I push a button. I have tried the learn numerous times, but no longer how long I hold the button it never does learn it. I can hit cancel and then it shows a learned code and will even transmit it ok, but it does not work. Any ideas?

I'm trying to get this remote for my Motorola VIP 1200 box working and I found the hex ir codes elsewhere, but no idea how to convert them to work with the Tira.

Thanks for any help!

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:02 am

When you learn the code from the remote, have you tried to tap the button very quickly/shortly?

Hellfire666

Post by Hellfire666 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm

I have tried this quite a few times yes and it will not get past the learning dialog. I have tried hitting it just once and waiting, holding the button down for a while and also just pushing it once over and over again but the dialog never goes away. If I do that and hit cancel though it does show an IR code, but when I test it does not work.

The only way I got the dialog to go away on it's own and learn the IR code was by adding teh 2 lines of code as suggested by "mmeasel" a couple posts up. It does learn it and the dialog goes away on it's own after adding those, but does not work when testing anyways. I have changed the script back again for now.

i appreciate the prompt reply and am open to any other suggestions. At this point I am thinking maybe use another tool that supports the TIRA and see if I can get it working through that tool/app and if so then call a script from EG to fire that other tool for this remote, but I would really like to avoid that if possible.

Hellfire666

Post by Hellfire666 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:33 pm

I thought I would reply to this with what I have found. From doing a lot of reading and looking around online I am guessing it won't learn the codes properly as they use a toggle bit. It seems the remote uses the Nokia32 IR protocol or whatever it is referenced as and with a toggle bit so it does not like it. I played around for about another 3 hours last night trying various ways to read it and even tried a couple different applications in hopes a different one would work, but no success. This forum post clued me in on the toggle bit stuff as it sounds like a very similiar issue.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mb ... ead.cgi?81

At this point I am out of ideas.