Marantz SR Receiver

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
dexter98
Plugin Developer

Marantz SR Receiver

Post by dexter98 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:03 pm

This is the thread for support on the Marantz SR Receiver control plugin.

This plugin allows you to do basic control (power, volume (relative and absolute), mute etc etc) of your Marantz SR-series Receiver (with a serial port). No events are generated by this plugin.

This plugin supports both direct control through a selectable serial port or control via my MarantzControl (http://daniel.vvtp.tudelft.nl/marantzcontrol) application (a tray application which redirects multi-media keys (volume/mute) on your keyboard to your Marantz Receiver).
Attachments
MarantzSerial.rar
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 638 times

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: Marantz SR Receiver plugin

Post by Bitmonster » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:32 am

This plugin is now included in the latest beta version.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Great! Thanks ;)

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Post by Bitmonster » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:58 pm

I had to change the name of three actions, because a Python identifier is not allowed to start with numbers.
71ChannelInputOn => ChannelInput71On
71ChannelInputOff => ChannelInput71Off
71ChannelInputToggle => ChannelInput71Toggle
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Hmmm, good one. Should have known that this shouldn't work :s Python is not the only language with this 'rule'...
Seems that I have never tested that function explicitly...

Frater

Re: Marantz SR Receiver

Post by Frater » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:09 pm

My first post on the EG forum, please be gentle. ;)

I found the marantz plugin while halfway through a manual setup using the serial plugin, great stuff dexter98!
The only prob I have found with it is that my Marantz SR7500 will not show incremental volume changes on the front display when using the Set Relative Volume action, meaning that the volume setting can stray into real loud territories if one is not paying attention.

Sending the equivalent "@VOL:1\x0D" through the serial plugin works fine though.

I dug around in the code but I'm not much of a python programmer yet so I did not find the cause.

Cheers!

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:23 am

Feedback on the display is indeed omitted if Set Relative Volume is used. It seems there is no other way to 'solve' this problem, since the volume up/down commands are processed too slow to be really usefull.

However, if you want to control the volume form your keyboard and visual feedback, you might want to look into my 'stand alone' MarantzControl application. In this application, the actual volume of the amplifier is shown as a bargraph on your PC monitor. The EventGhost plugin also supports this application...

Take a look at:
http://daniel.vvtp.tudelft.nl/marantzcontrol/

If you are missing some functions, please let me know... I can add them for you.

Hilox

Post by Hilox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm

5 years later and your plugin, Dexter98, is still much appreciated :)

Now if you´re still out there, I myself just started with a little automation project, controlling my SR7500 through my win8 surface-alike put together computer. Event Ghost is working perfectly with your plugin and together with Toouch Control i think i kan make myself a preatty niffty touch remote :)

As i was adding plugin events i´ve noticed that a couple of those i need are missing. These are, vol up, vol down, bass+, bass-, treble+, treble- and even the Level funktions. Even your program is not there any more( ok, it was 5 years ago :) Are you able to help me?

Or perhaps there is a way of sending these commands through a serial plugin? But how?

I´m a newbie at this so if youre still out there, be kind to me :).

As i was testing Girder, i could send some commands through it but i couldn´t get it to work fine with touch control so therefore i´m going along with event ghost. It´s a smooth app.

Have a good one/M

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks! Always glad to hear that the software is appreciated already for such a long time. Off course I'm able to help you!

I'm not sure which application you are talking about. The Marantz plugin in EventGhost or the tray-icon MarantzControl (which is a separate application)?
Are you controlling your receiver directly from EventGhost (Method="Directly to serial port") or are you using my other application 'MarantzControl' as well (Method="Via MarantzControl")?

MarantzControl (the separate app) is quite a bit of work for me to change, but the EventGhost plugin shouldn't be too much of a problem. The volume controls should be already in there ('Set absolute volume' and 'Set relative volume'). Bass and treble definitely not. I don't know what you mean by 'the level functions'.

If you are missing the MarantzControl app, please drop me message, I'll make it available on my new website (that's why it's not there anymore).

Hilox

Post by Hilox » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 am

Hello and thanks for your reply.

What i´ve done is installing EventGhost and using your Marantz plugin (at the begining of this thread). The events work when i test them. In the first place regarding the functions i was missing, is in the Marantz plugin in EventGhost.
My intention is to then create a remote through TouchControl and I would like to be able to change treble & bass levels too. By the level functions i ment, are the level for each cannnel you can choose in the Marantz menu ( ex. subwoofer level, right front level...) but it is not that important now in the begining so we kan strike this.
I´m not quite shure how the relative volume controll works, as i said earlier i´m totally new at this, both EventGhost and TouchControl. I´m reading the documentation for EG and TC so I can understand how they work and even how they "talk" to eachother.

I´m willing to try your MarantzControl (the separate app) also and you don´t need to change anything in that as i just want to see how it works. (i´ll send you a message)

Cheers/M

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 pm

This new python file should do the trick. It is a small extension to the original plugin.

To install it:

1) Stop EventGhost

2) go to the following folder:
[C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost] \plugins\MarantzSerial\
(where [xyz] is the folder where EventGhost is installed on your machine)

3) Rename the original __init__.py (to eg __init__.py.org) and copy the attached file to this location.

4) Start EventGhost

I'm not able to test it here, since I moved to Linux and don't use EventGhost anymore :s
So please let me know if you have troubles
Attachments
__init__.py
(15.73 KiB) Downloaded 414 times

Hilox

Post by Hilox » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Dexter98.

Your changes made my day. It works perfectly :) I´ll thank you very much for that and your time.

Cheers / M

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Cheers! Nice to hear it works and suits your needs. Good luck with your new setup!

blengio

Post by blengio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:25 am

Thank you very much
Marcelo Bielsa: camisetas futbol 2013Fernando Llorente tiene mejor rendimiento si es titular

dexter98
Plugin Developer

Post by dexter98 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Hope it suits your needs ;)