ATI Remote Wonder II

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

ATI Remote Wonder II

Postby Bitmonster » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:39 pm

The latest betas include a plugin for the ATI Remote Wonder II.

The ATI Remote Wonder software must also run to receive events from this remote and the special "EventGhost.dll" must be imported and enabled inside the ATI Remote Wonder Software.

You will find this DLL inside:
{Program Files}\EventGhost\Plugins\AtiRemoteWonder2\

If you want to make use of the AUX buttons of this remote you can do the following:
  1. Make four additional copies of the EventGhost.dll and rename the copies so you have:
    EventGhost.dll
    EventGhost1.dll
    EventGhost2.dll
    EventGhost3.dll
    EventGhost4.dll
  2. Import these numbered DLLs also in the ATI Remote software in ascending order, so you will see in the plug-ins tab of the software:
    EventGhost
    EventGhost (1)
    EventGhost (2)
    EventGhost (3)
    EventGhost (4)
  3. Now assign "EventGhost (1)" to the AUX1 setting in the last tab and similar to the other AUX settings.

If you now switch between the PC and AUX states, the next button you press will have an "AUX#" or "PC" event preceded. You can then use this event to enable exclusives inside EG, to make use of the different states.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: ATI Remote Wonder II

Postby GlennMaples » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:12 pm

Great!! I have one on order and will try it out!
GlennMaples

Postby GlennMaples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:42 pm

:D

Bitmonster:

ATI Wonder II plugin works great!!!
I am running it on XP-- Does it work as well under VISTA? I have to buy a new laptop and may have to get VISTA :-(

Just to clarify the process: you need to:
1) install the EventGhost software
2) install the ATI software
3)Create copies of the EventGhost.dlls for AUX 1-4 support as in Bitmonster's post
4) go into the ATI software and add dlls as plugins
5) start ATI software
6) start EG software, add the ATI Remote Wonder II plug in, and enjoy. All the ATI events will have an ATI prefix

I have a question on the Aux inputs. Is it possible to have each Aux control a separate set of configuration info? That is can ghostevent.dll have a different configuration file than ghostevent1.dll? I assume the configuration files are being written to an xml file (like the example file) but I don't how to find the current configuration file OR associate it with a copy of the .dll.

Thanks and a great product!!!
-glenn

Btw -- I am a college professor and am using this in class to control special effects/sounds. I will be sending along something to help out the development effort--with the dollar so low I am afraid it will not be much in Euros.
GlennMaples

Postby Bitmonster » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:30 pm

GlennMaples wrote:I have a question on the Aux inputs. Is it possible to have each Aux control a separate set of configuration info? That is can ghostevent.dll have a different configuration file than ghostevent1.dll? I assume the configuration files are being written to an xml file (like the example file) but I don't how to find the current configuration file OR associate it with a copy of the .dll.

http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Controll ... Exclusives
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!
Bitmonster
Site Admin

Postby GlennMaples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:16 pm

You ARE the man!

-glenn
GlennMaples

Postby Dim01 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english. A french version is to bottom :oops:

I'have got a ATI Remote Wonder II and the last version of ATI driver's and Evenghot (on XP SP2).

That's ok : thanks to previous messages !

But i have got a problem. When Windows starts, Eventghot and ati driver will automatically start : ok.
But my remote does not work. Eventghost not getting anything.

For this to work, I have to close and restart the ATI driver. Why ?

I tried to automate the operation with a .bat file that kills the ATI process, and execute the ATI driver, without success.

Am I the only one to have this problem ?

Thanks.

French version :

Bonsoir,

J'ai une télécommande ATI Wonder II et Eventghost. Tout fonctionne à merveille grâce aux messages trouvés plus hauts. 1000 merci aux contributeurs.

Je rencontre cependant un soucis peu banal : au démarrage de mon PC, Eventghost ne reçoit rien de la télécommande (pourtant, EventGhost et le driver ATI sont bien lancés automatiquement au démarrage).

Pour que cela fonctionne, je dois fermer le driver ATI (petite télécommande en bas à droite, vers l'heure dans le systray) puis le relancer. Pourquoi ?

J'ai essayé d'automatiser la procédure avec un fichier batch, mais ça ne marche pas.

Suis-je le seul à avoir ce soucis ?

Merci pour votre aide.

Dominique.
Dim01

Postby maxim745 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 pm

To add another data point, I just successfully got EG to sense my new ATI Remote Wonder II events under Windows XP Professional, service pack 3. Great instructions in this post solved all my troubles (order of installation apparently matters). I had some conflicts installing the latest ATI driver and ATI tech support told me it may not work with SP3 since it predates it (2006), but by exiting all background processes and unplugging all other USB devices (other than the keyboard and mouse) it finally installed OK.

Haven't tried the multiple EG dll trick yet, but that's next on my todo. Thanks for all the great help!
maxim745

Postby BobbyH » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting this to work in Windows 7 Pro x64. When I first add the plugin, EventGhost asks that I download/install the HID drivers. I do so, and the unknown devices are then replaced with "ATI Remote Wonder II (Buttons)" and "ATI Remote Wonder II (Mouse)." All seems well enough, but as soon as I execute the plugin, and move the mouse pad on the Remote Wonder II remote, the log fills up with errors:

"---> Welcome to EventGhost <---
Autostart
Plugin: ATI Remote Wonder II (WinUSB)
Main.OnInit
AtiRemoteWonder2.AUX4
Exception in thread MouseThread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Mouse\__init__.py", line 92, in run
if data[0] == -1:
TypeError: 'float' object is unsubscriptable"

This doesn't happen when I press other buttons on the remote, but even still, I can't seem to figure out how to customize what each key does.

I also couldn't install the ATI Remote Wonder software as it wouldn't register several DLLs:

AtiSServ.dll
ATIRW.DLL
x10net.dll

I have an ATI Remote Wonder Plus that's working fine on another machine using x10 drivers and Intelliremote, but I bought the ATI Remote Wonder II as a backup/alternative for a secondary machine. The RW II seems have a different setup so, I wasn't sure what drivers should be attached to what with there being two unknown devices prior to the EventGhost drivers being installed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
BobbyH

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:53 pm

You might have to turn off driver signing. Not sure if you tried that
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby BobbyH » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that's one of the first things I did when the message first popped up. I actually tried both the advanced boot options, "disable driver signature enforcement," and using BCDEdit to disable integrity checks and turning test signing on.

I actually got the ATI software to load up a bit further by copying over some missing DLLs from my main Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system. Those were MFC71.DLL to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and msvcr71.dll to C:\Windows. They seem to have something to do with the .net framework version (I believe 3) used to write the application, though I'm not entirely sure. One thing I haven't tried yet that you made me think about is trying to register those 3 DLL's I listed. I'm not sure if they'll do much as the ATI software install was developed for 32-bit systems...

This remote worked in Linux Mint, but I couldn't figure out how to reduce the rapid repeating of each key press. So, I gave up after 4 days of messing with it, and now trying a fresh install on Windows 7.
BobbyH

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:15 pm

i really do hate ATI with their driver problems.

OoOOoo do this. you might have to do some digging tho.

and i know ati for a forerunner during this so you might get lucky.

microsoft did make a 64 bit version of windows XP as a pre cursor to vista64.

and the drivers for xp64 did work in vista 64. you might want to give that a shot and see if you can find the beta 64 drivers for xp.

ati most likely did make drivers for that card for for xp64 and those drivers should work in windows 7

again, do this with the understanding that if you find the drivers. that afterinstallation the machine could blue screen.

there is a way to fix this with little to no effort.

make sure you have UAC turned on and that you have to enter the password when you boot windows

if it blue screens after the driver install or after reboot.

make sure you wait 2-3 minutes after booting the machine let it sit at the login prompt do not sign in.

if you f8 at startup there is an option called "Last known good config" this option will reset the registry back to it's previous state. the reg gets saved to a back as soon as you login. so if it's a bluescreen that takes place after install of anything if you do not login upon next boot you can use that option when booting to restore it.

thats why i do not bother with system restore and i turn it off. becuase i know what the feature does and how it works. most people do not.

so if the driver install does not require a restart but an hour down the road it bluescreens use that option.

you may want to run msconfig from the start menu and disable the reboot on bluescreen so that wya you won't forget. and you can also get the filename of what caused the problem.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:17 pm

also let me see if i might be able to adjust the plugin for you. i don't think that this plugin was designed for the "mouse"

it could be something really simple. because i just read the error and it seems as tho it's working properly just a code change might yield a result.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:27 pm

ok i believe i may have fixed it. you will have to give it a shot by downloading the attached file. and replacing the one in the plugins folder.

typically located in this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\AtiRemoteWonder2WinUsb

make a copy of the original first as a backup. and then download this one and overwrite the one in that folder. and give it a go.

the plugin is made to handle the mouse but i believe it was adding the coordinates of the location of the mouse incorrectly. so i changed how it was doing it. only way to know is to try it
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:50 pm

since someone already downloaded the plugin. the fix i made i don't believe would work. but this one i do think it will.

after staring at the code for a while i got a better handle of what is going on.

i modified the wrong thing. i changed something that would stop the mouse buttons from working that is if they were. so i changed it up a little.
Attachments
__init__.py
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby BobbyH » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Yea, same here about those ATI driver problems... It's really a shame they stopped supporting what was (and in my opinion still is), a great product like this.

That's a great idea! I'll see if I can find those 64 bit drivers for XP. As far as the possibility of bluescreens, no worry here. I'm actually a technician by trade, so I can generally troubleshoot my way out of most common issues. Programming, short of a few AutoIT, AutoHotKey, etc. type programs, is my weakest area. Anyway, I do appreciate the workaround advice though.

So, I tried the second of the two updates you posted. Regrettably, it still seems to be broken... This is what I get in the log when I move the mouse:

---> Welcome to EventGhost <---
Autostart
Plugin: ATI Remote Wonder II (WinUSB)
Main.OnInit
Exception in thread MouseThread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Mouse\__init__.py", line 98, in run
self.initSpeed = data[1]
IndexError: tuple index out of range

AtiRemoteWonder2.PC

I'm going to try the first of the two in a few minutes here and see what happens.
BobbyH

Next

Return to Plugin Support